Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just removed my air box in place of mini individual filters, I also have full 4 into 1 hindle exhaust and can going on and I am gonna jet the bike. What size mains? pilots? and where should the needle be set? What are the stock jets sizes? Also has anyone installed a stage one dynojet kit? What size jets come in that kit?
Chris

------------------
Thanks guys
1991 GSXR 750

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
in case you didn't get the response over on general discussion:

you'll need a stage 3 dynojet or config 30 factory kit. a stage 1 will be too lean for individual air filters.

depending on the kit, you probably won't need to change the pilot jets - just the mains, needles, and maybe springs (or you'll need to drill the slides, they'll give you the drill bit in the kit).

just so you know - those 38mm slingshots on your bike are very sensitive to jetting changes, so it'll be a bitch getting them just right.

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Locate a reliable shop with a dyno where someone has some experience. You really need to be able to take snapshots to ensure you're moving in the right direction.Feel just really sucks as a measure of power etc.

Can't really give you much over the next, given that the general state of your motor, your altitude, humidity etc really affect whats needed at the carb.

Do ensure that the critical things ARE functioning 100%, such as the floats etc. Might be the good time to change the hose on the vacuum fuel petcock. If its getting old, minor leaks will drive you nuts trying to track down (as opposed to total failure).

Keep in mind as well, that if you've just re-oiled the individual filters, it takes some time for any overoiling to get sucked into the motor and done away with. Until such time, you can read a false rich, leaning out as they 'balance'.

Good luck!

PS: Do NOT throw away the airbox. Seriously, the individuals may drive you crazy enough that stage 1 starts looking really good.

------------------
Fat Bastard's bike: '93 GSXR1100wp CDN version w/ thoroughly ridiculous # of mods

[This message has been edited by bcjohn (edited 02-11-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts