2004 GSXR 600
I can get about 110 miles B4 my gas light comes on
SO I assume I'll get about 140 miles B4 I run out

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,130 Posts
k2 600
120-150 miles before low fuel light, depending on conditions/riding
once i went 175 miles on a tank, and the low fuel light came on around 150 miles

·
Registered
85 Posts
K4 750;

I just tested it last weekend - 170.4 miles until it shut off and I had to push it to the gas station :) This was with mostly normal driving, with some "spirited" driving thrown in as usual.

My fueal light comes on when I first turn the key on, but it does NOT tell me when I am low. Oh well - when I hit 150 I am definately looking for fuel...

·
Registered
15 Posts
K1 600. The light usually comes on around 115 miles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
damn yall must be stock and 20% throttle to be getting those miles.

but then again i live in the flat state so im on the throttle non-stop. average over the past 3 years has been 120 till the light comes on. now when i take my long highway trips and im steady with the throttle the light comes on around 140ish and ill push it to 160 then get some gas.

K4 750 with shorty micron and K&N filter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
k5 750, normally average 140miles before the fuel light comes on, have made it 168 miles between fill ups and still had a little left in the tank. Don't think I would want to try going more than about 175 miles.

·
Registered
379 Posts
something i just thought of. maybe you all average more mpg due to the fact that you have hills in other parts of the country?? you know so you sort of get that off the throttle push heading downhill?? i hate the flat state.

·
Registered
27 Posts
k4 1000 stock gearing it was about 140miles now with the -1 up front its about 120 miles but can be less depending on how i ride.

·
23,130 Posts
something i just thought of. maybe you all average more mpg due to the fact that you have hills in other parts of the country?? you know so you sort of get that off the throttle push heading downhill?? i hate the flat state.
i dont think that helps, plus when you go down hill you have to go up another hill later anyway.

lower the front of your bike so you are riding down hill all the time :spit

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Damn, are any of you using a speedo healer…most of your mileage per tank seems kind of high. Remember that a stock gearing setup is about 10% off on the high side meaning that your speedo is saying you are going faster than you actually are and therefore racking up more mile than you are actually traveling. Lowering the gearing ratio will make it even worse.

I’m running a speedo healer and I’m only getting about 110-120mpg before the fuel light comes on. K4 750

·
23,130 Posts
I use a speed-o-healer, and have my dialed in at exactly 10%, and im up one in the back only...

the roads here are pretty flat (south jersey) and commuting to work at 55mph in 6th @ 5.5k rpm (flat roads, no twistys, steady easy throttle) I can get about 150 'till the light comes on

now, up in the mountains of NY...thats another story

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don't have a speedo healer on mine yet, but I checked my mileage on a 8621 mile road trip using both my GPS and highway signs telling me the distance from one town to the next, and Mapquest maps. One thing that suprised me was even though the factory speedo was off considerably, the odometer seemed to be dead on. Even with running +2 on the rear sprocket, my odometer is still really close. On 2 Ironbutt stretches I did on my trip, Maquest showed 1080 miles from my start to finish points for the day, which didn't include any off highway detours for gas stops. My odometer was only showing 1100 miles both times.

·
Registered
835 Posts
150km (93miles) around town before fuel light
180km (111miles) around the hills before fuel light

05 750 -1+2 gearing with a speedo healer

·
Registered
379 Posts
Meh. Maybe I get shifty gas mileage cause I'm always hard on the throttle?? It takes alot to move a big guy lol.

·
Rump Ryder PermaSquid
363 Posts
K9 750. I usually get 90 to 110 per fill up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live in the same state as you bro, and have pretty much the same mods:cheers

My gearing is stock too with no speedo-healer, so take it all for what its worth. However far off it is stock, I wait until 150miles to look for fuel...

-Matt

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
98 srad 600 no performance mods, get aboout 120-150 miles :sad
did'nt think it was that much but after reading everyones posts looks like thats about right :lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
I live in the same state as you bro, and have pretty much the same mods:cheers

My gearing is stock too with no speedo-healer, so take it all for what its worth. However far off it is stock, I wait until 150miles to look for fuel...

-Matt
true. im in daytona this weekend for the holidays. ill be in lakeland in jan for stuntwars. and i guess i need to get some tuning done or something. cause average for me is 120 till the light comes on. when it does i dont push it i just fill up. highway easy on the throttle it comes on later around 140ish and ill push it to 160. guess everyones different?? yours a 600 or 750??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts