Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted this in the classified section like a bone head:

Hello, I have 2 sets of the RS carbs and I’d like to rebuild them. The 40’s have been sitting maybe 5 years and I had them on a 1216 with some head work. They ran ok but in tuning them in I kept thinking they were to rich when I’m fact they were lean to begin with. The 38’s were used up to last year and in good shape. I’m trying to finish a bike for a guy and I’m gonna use the 38’s.. fingers crossed I’ll bolt them in and call it a day but my luck never seems to go easy. I’m looking on EBay and they want almost $250 for a full rebuild kit. Before I plunk down that I thought I’d ask if there was a better place to buy a kit. Makuni doesn’t have anything listed for RS carbs as far as a kit. Any help is most appreciated- thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
You probably don't need everything in the kit anyway. they only things that really deteriorate over time are the rubber bits. Everything else can be cleaned, unless of course they are heavily used and worn out. I recently rebuilt an extra crusty set of RS36s and I think I spent like $80 on parts which were mostly just o-rings, hoses, and other seals.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably don't need everything in the kit anyway. they only things that really deteriorate over time are the rubber bits. Everything else can be cleaned, unless of course they are heavily used and worn out. I recently rebuilt an extra crusty set of RS36s and I think I spent like $80 on parts which were mostly just o-rings, hoses, and other seals.
Where did ya buy the parts you used?

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,619 Posts
RS parts are expensive.
The good thing is that you can get every individual piece, and only purchase what you need. You get great product support from Sudco.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts