IIWY, I'd just do the fix you have planned and see how it works. If it's fine, I wouldn't go rewiring the stator!Thank you sirs! Well, I think I've decided to go with soldering first to get my bike back on the road. Mainly because spring just hit, I'm watching these 70 degree days tick by, and I don't really have a decent shop to work in. I'm going to look into a more permanent fix this winter or if I have a melt down...whichever comes first. Pop open the stator, see if I think I can rewire back to it. If not, may just flip the $230.00 for a whole new assembly. I appreciate the help!