Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to see if I will be seeing any fellow gixxer.com members at mid-ohio trackday through Sportbiketracktime.com. We are only going to the Sunday event, b/c I work at a dealership and Saturdays are busy!!!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I'll be there Saturday in the Intermediate group...have you guys been on this track before?? I haven't so I'll be looking at the map trying to find some decent lines before I get there.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Yeah There Saturday, advanced group.

1:46s here I come.

Hardest part is wheelie hill. Go to CLASS website and download the video very good for reference.

Link to Mid OH video

·
Registered
565 Posts
Cool link.

Last weekend at Putnam I got bumped up to advanced. I'm hoping to do the same at mid-ohio. We'll see. Either way it should be a blast!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet link, so is anyone going to be riding on sundas as well?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
You guys suck!!!! J/k i wanted to try and make this one but the bikes not ready...Im going to do the LED one there so that one will be my 1st of the year..

Be careful,have fun,take some pics...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be at the LED event as well, I'm taking pictures and video footage so I will post for sure.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
I saw 53 and partly sunny. Not as good as I was hoping but it will do.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Must remeber to remain postive!! That's what I keep telling myself anyway, weather doesn't look like it's in are favor. We'll just have to ride faster longer to keep warm and to keep tires temp up.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Snow showers, I guess I need to take the RM instead of the GSXR. I may just say screw it and ride around off the racing line or just say the heck with and eat the $195. I am not about to crash on something stupid this early in the season. F---ING weather. Mother Nature must be suffering from PMS.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I hear you guys. I signed up when the weather was showing "partly cloudy, high of 65". now it's showing rain/snow... F-ing weather!! and I even signed up for both days....

but, what can you do. STT doesn't give rain checks. So we have to go. If anything, i'll mosy around the course just to learn the general layout--that is, if it's not pouring or snowing.
otherwise, i agree w/ you chris: I'd rather blow the trackday fee & chill at the paddocks than crash and be faced w/ a hefty repair bill.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm definetely still going up. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be dry for a session or two.. Fuck it, i'll do a few laps in the snow, I doubt it's going to stick to the track! It sucks either way. I think I'll lift my spirits by signing up for Beaverun on the 7th. Hopefully that one turns out better.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm still going snow or no snow. I'm just going to take it real easy if it's nasty. Damn weather only in OH does this kind of weather change happen.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
If it does snow I wouldn't be surprised if STT cancelled or gave refunds. It says rain or shine, but it doesn't say Snow or Shine.

If it is too bad I may show up to see if they are giving refunds, if not continue on up to akron and drop the bike off for race prep. Not worth running 42 degrees and rain with a brand new shiny rear tire. I doubt I could walk it through the key hole without dropping it.

·
Registered
34,392 Posts
Just checked weather. Get there early as the High of 42 or 41 will be in the morning. Temps are scheduled to drop all day. By first session it will be 40 deg with almost a 20 mph wind to feel like 35.

Have fun guys, I aint riding in that crap. Aint worth 200 dollars.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts