Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We hear some guys say they can't get 3 fingers on the shorty levers. You guys think it would be helpful to have a length between the shorty and long levers for guys with bigger hands?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I have ASV shorty. I can't get three fingers on the levers... no way, lol. On the brake I use two, and on the clutch I actually have my middle finger on the little bumpy/knob thing on the end of the lever. If I put my middle finger all the way on it past the knob thing the lever smacks my ring finger when I pull the lever in all the way and it hurts like shit. That being said, I have no issues with the length of the levers. I like how short they are. I thought you were only supposed to get two fingers on the levers. Now, if there are guys who want three fingers on the levers, then yes... a "mid-size" is probably a good option to offer.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
i am sure there are some that would buy mid-length levers. i wish i could find even shorter levers.

1,931 Posts
The way i see it, if you cant ride with shorty levers, thats what full sized levers are for. I dont see a need for all kinds of different sized levers to suit everyones needs.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Better than mid length would be adjustable length.

Seems I saw a lever that way once but can't recall who made it

·
Mesonychoteuthis hamitoni
1,981 Posts
Personally, get full size levers and slide the clutch / brake perches inward. Walla - mid length.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Personally, get full size levers and slide the clutch / brake perches inward. Walla - mid length.
it is "voila," not "walla."

moving perches inward does not make shorter levers, it means that your moment applied by your hand is increased and the lever travel is far. i have shorties because i only use one finger and i like minimal lever travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts