Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's true, it's because the Batman's leather suit is going to scratch the black paint of the tank

·
Registered
167 Posts
Micron has a big ass pipe all the time. If it was shorter and thiner it would look better. As for the sound...sounds stock to me.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
That's true, it's because the Batman's leather suit is going to scratch the black paint of the tank

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been looking at the Micron for my K5. Can't get anyone to give me a dyno chart. I called Mircron, emailed Micron and called DynoJet. Does anybody have one? I'd like to see how it compares to the stock curves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The micron titanium gives a lighter solution than the stock pipe (2,5kg) and gives more torque and more power on all the curves except at 4000 rpm range.
Keep in mind it's just a slip on exhaust, not a full serpent line or anything like that. Akrapovic who makes slip on too, which is far longer than the micron exhaust gives approx. the same power gain. For the sound it is true that it is on the same consistency than the stock in low revs but as you go up 6500 rpm it's blasting.

Red stock bike, Blue Micron Slip On.

·
GSX-R Enthusiast
2,546 Posts
Really good numbers and gain. I'm currently still deciding what I want, already removed the SET and all and put the stocker back on. I noticed one thing is the stock muffler is heavy. I put it on a scale and almost weighed in at 10 pounds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts