Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding reviews for this tire. My q3's are about done and I was thinking about switching to these. Anyone have experience with these? Has anyone ran both the q3 and the super sports?

·
Registered
570 Posts
The rear one slides on corner exit, just above "maintenance throttle" it starts to slide.
In this last month, had 3 trackdays and 1 course, intermediate, Estoril and Portimão, and it constantly lost grip in corner exits. The tire does warn you though.
Higher pressures, lower pressures, softer suspension, harder suspension, didn't got better. My friends (trackday freak, advanced pace) had tried these tires in his 1000 but took them out after 5 laps, complaining about the same.
This review complains about the same:
http://www.sportrider.com/sportbike-gear/michelin-pilot-power-3-and-supersport-tire-review

While trying to wear them out until replacing, ended up on my ass in the last session on the last trackday:

Next ones will be the Dunlops D211 (ntecs?)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback! I think i'm going to lay off the SS's. Thinking about going back to a q3. It will be my 3rd set.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts