Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use the new Michelin Power Race Tires with the 'soft' compound... These tires come in the med/soft and soft tires. Any feedback?? thanks

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Getting my soft front and med rear mounted as we speak. I'll be trying them out for the first time on Monday's trackday at Texas World Speedway which is a high speed track that is not that technical and I believe only one off camber turn (maybe two). We will see how they do. I'm on a 600 as well. I'll report back with feedback. They also come in a medium compound, not to mention the PR compounds and they have several of those to choose from and are not associated with just soft, med/soft, and med.

·
Registered
671 Posts
These are great tires! WOW is what describes them best! I may be a little biased as I have run michellin's for a while, I have also run the perelli's but prefer and trust the michellins so I allways run them. I liked the pilot sport race tires but they did take a little bit long to come up to temp but once up to temp they stuck like glue now the pilot power race tires come up to temp so fast I can't believe it, without warmers they came up to temp in a just over a lap and with the warmers they were good to go 1/2 lap or less! I think they were warm before I was, LOL. I was using the PR3's for the 1st time and on CA speedway they lasted very good, I am very picky about my tires at the track and do not normally run a set of tires more than one day and with these I ran them both days and they held up great, day two they were shagged pretty good but they were not scary at all like some other tires I have run with less wear! Like I said before I may be a little biased in this opinion but the new power race are a great tire in my opinon.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I did a trackday with my first set of Power Races the other week. I ran a soft front with med. rear at Texas World Speedway which is high speed with some technical parts but mainly a liter bike track. Temps were high, around 92 degrees with humidity added it was close to 100 degrees. The tires were brand new and I cooked them for about 45 min. on tire warmer and did 2 easy laps and had no problems after. I will use a med. front next time as the soft front didn't hold up that well (when I bought them the weather was supposed to have been in the 70's-80's...not near 100). They are very confident tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts