Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents, got pilot powers on me 2001 SUZUK 1000 and doin a Road Atl track day and not sure what pressures to run them? Also, anybody replaced fork oil in same bike? its got 6k miles and probably needs it and ive heard factory oil is mediocre. ANy tips on replacing oil would be appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Michelins run a little less pressure than other brands. My area Michelin distributor (Island Racing) said to start the Pilot Power at 30fr/28rear. Power Race is 30fr/22rear

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ask the officals or your instructer when you get there. when ever i've gone to track days, they are always willing to give you tips. but i believe i ran this past track day at Texas World Speedway, which is a super fast track cloudy, about 30f 27r so ya you da man is right on.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just got back from Shannonville Motorsport Park where it was about 85 degrees and humid as hell. I ran 31 front and 30 rear on my '04 750. Pressures were a little higher on account of the weather. No complaints. Great tire.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I run 30f 29r i just came back from barber on 6/4 I also ran them at road atl on 5/22 and did ed bargys race school at jennings gp and they still stick like glue no slides yet. Great tire espically for the price 239 shipped.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ya awesome tire, i've watched people dragging plastics on a 954 using these tires. i know my left peg shows wear from a few corners. awesome tire.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think he just ment pilot powers not power race. By the way i doubled checked my notes from the rep . The rear is 28 instead of 29 my bad front is the same 30f/28r He said if you are fast try 26/27r also. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have a set of POWER RACE Michelins ran 31f, 29r. Ran this at Streets of Willow
FYI - rear Power Race is recommended at 22 psi...29 is awfully high since it's 7 psi more than recommended

·
Registered
204 Posts
It all goes on feel and this is what felt the best. IMO.

I have a set of POWER RACE Michelins ran 31f, 29r. Ran this at Streets of Willow
FYI - rear Power Race is recommended at 22 psi...29 is awfully high since it's 7 psi more than recommended

1 - 10 of 10 Posts