Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent Sunday screaming Christine around Pocono. The good news is it was a beautiful day and I didn't crash, the bad news is I just couldn't get comfortable. The bike handled well once I loosened up, but I just didn't feel like the 600 is the bike for me. I don't know if it's just been so long since I've really ridden an inline 4, or that I'm really just more comfortable with how twins and singles make power.

I'm going to race her in May, see how I feel then and if I still feel the same I'll start looking for an SV650 and send Christine to someone that will appreciate her.

·
Premium Member
26,774 Posts
bro, just relax, put a good set of earplugs in and ring the piss out of her...
little balls....no can go fast.....

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The bike handled . . . but I just didn't feel like the 600 is the bike for me.
Please splain Lucy-Fart-Puppy . . . .

Just curious 'cause I went from an Aprilia RSV to a '97 gix6 and just frigging LOVED the 600 over the V-twin 1000. I just couldn't see myself going back.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bro, just relax, put a good set of earplugs in and ring the piss out of her...
Yeah, I did that and went 8 seconds faster...
Seriously. I started the day doing 1:30s on the East Course, by the end of the day I was running 1:20s and could have easily squeezed a couple of seconds if it mattered.

SIDE NOTE: Pocono sucks worse than it did in '02 when I rode there last. I've been on smoother motocross tracks.

Anyway... yeah the 600 loves to scream. I just loved the smooth, linear power of a twin. My buddy/mentor agreed with me - if the TL-R or RC-51 was a truly competive machine, they would be the perfect race bikes. I'm going to see how I feel after being at a track that I'm more comfortable at. My experiences riding a 600 at close to speed were two days at VIR, which still has my head spinning, and Pocono. Did I mention how horrible Pocono is? I'm not making a snap judgement, I'm just a little frustrated. I'll probably feel better after I have RidinNY following me and Boogiedown around the track...

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I'll probably feel better after I have RidinNY following me and Boogiedown around the track...

Mister funny man huh?

We'll see young man, we'll see. Can't wait to play w/ ya

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
not like RidinNYwill have a clue what is going on ., or even what way the track goes., but his brother will...
Ya know just cause I dont post much lately doesnt mean I dont still read the board regularly. Shit talkin Mutta Fuckas!!

·
Premium Member
13,304 Posts
not like RidinNYwill have a clue what is going on ., or even what way the track goes., but his brother will...
Ya know just cause I dont post much lately doesnt mean I dont still read the board regularly. Shit talkin Mutta Fuckas!!
who is shit talkin ?? you ride like shit biotch ., fartboy will kick your ass out there., .,

stay home or start racing like at least a boy....

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
who is shit talkin ?? you ride like shit biotch ., fartboy will kick your ass out there., .,

stay home or start racing like at least a boy....
you are lucky i love you... otherwise I'd kick you and break your old ass hip or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts