Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting so tired of waiting for my black and silver K5. Weather here is great. I keep getting promised next week. Well this Monday I called the dealer and he said my bike is in the warehouse and will be delivered either late this week or early next week. I called him today, Friday the 15th, and he tells me the bike on the truck is a blue and white, not black and silver. Then he tells me it will probably be another week or ten days before mine comes in. I have heard all this B.S. before.
I wanted this bike for fun, not aggrivation. Finally call him back and tell him that if my bike is not here by April 21st to cancel my order and mail me back my deposit. He aggreed to do so.
The thing is, I had a very good price from him and it will be hard to match the deal at this time.
So, if it is not here by the 21st I am probably going to get an R1. Could have done that 2 months ago and been riding instead of waiting.
I don't understand why Suzuki would load a truck with a bike that is not sold instead of one that is. Piss poor management. Thanks for letting me vent.

Steve

·
Registered
776 Posts
what dealer did you buy from? I bought from Harts suzuki in middlesboro KY and was waiting on the Black\Silver also. I got the same story from my dealer this week so I took the Blue\white. I pick it up tomorrow. The dealer said he didnt know why he got blue and white instead of the blk\silver other dealers in ky are getting the Blk\sil

·
Registered
179 Posts
Those of us in my area with money on a blue/white were in the same boat as you. All they were shipping to us was bl/s or bl/y. It sucked waiting and not being able to get any accurate info on when it would be in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anthony,
I felt the same way at first, but how long do you wait? Every f'n week it is going to be here next week. This shit keeps going on forever and next thing you know it is June or July. Like I said before, it was supposed to be fun not aggrivation. I was first told middle of March.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Man....I can't believe so many are having a hard time getting these bikes....

There were about 10 or so of each color at CCC when I picked mine up last Saturday

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If I were you, I'd wait it out. You've waited this long, why not wait a little longer. To me, a good deal is worth the wait instead of being impatient and having to pay more.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anthony,
I felt the same way at first, but how long do you wait? Every f'n week it is going to be here next week. This shit keeps going on forever and next thing you know it is June or July. Like I said before, it was supposed to be fun not aggrivation. I was first told middle of March.
Is this the last spring/summer you will EVER be able to ride again or what?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anthony,
Is this the last spring/summer you will EVER be able to ride again or what?
I have no idea.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I'll tell you, it's worth waiting.

It's an awesome bike. There's too many R1's on the road, get your Gixxer and smoke 'em

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I say wait as well..

Sure you'll love being on 2 wheels.. but once you start seeing all the K5's and "trying" to keep up.. you'll be kicking yourself in the ass.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What is really annoying is Suzuki builds these bikes to sell. I am wanting and waiting to buy the bike. I have the money to buy the bike. Suzuki can't even load the right bike on a truck.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
What is really annoying is Suzuki builds these bikes to sell. I am wanting and waiting to buy the bike. I have the money to buy the bike. Suzuki can't even load the right bike on a truck.
It probably has more to do with the dealer and their orders.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I feel your pain man. Mine was supposed to be in the middle of March, or end of March at the latest. There are plenty of blue/white or black/yellow around, but not the black/silver. I am going to wait it out. I have waited for 2 months, what is 2 more weeks at the most? I don't want to regret not getting it later. If I would have known in the beginning that it was going to take this long, I would probably be riding a platinum ZX10 right now.

·
Registered
406 Posts
they've got a balck and silver here in Lafayette Indiana, so It cant be to long a wait for you dude........I say hang in there........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts