Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Is there a maximum limit to the number of times one can buy key blanks and program for the bike?

Thanks.

·
What? I have 3 testicles?
1,575 Posts
:shifty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dont get me wrong I'm not a suspicious guy trying to fish out information. I'm a legit owner but my mechanic said that there could be a limit to the number of keys being paired to the bike... coz I asked him if I could do 1 more.

·
1,575 Posts
Cant help you there. I have heard in Europe the bike keys have chips in them for the bike... dont know much about those. For my bike in the US, all I need is the keycode for my key(which is written in my Bike Manual) for a copy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cant help you there. I have heard in Europe the bike keys have chips in them for the bike... dont know much about those. For my bike in the US, all I need is the keycode for my key(which is written in my Bike Manual) for a copy.
That is correct. My bike key has a chip inside that needs to be programmed in dealer mode to the bike. I already have 3 keys... but I lost one of em... so right now I only have 1 left since the other is held by the finance company as guarantee.

That's why I need a new replacement in case I misplace again :hammer

·
1,575 Posts
Only way to find out is to call them then and ask. Don't know anything about the chip keys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is correct. My bike key has a chip inside that needs to be programmed in dealer mode to the bike. I already have 3 keys... but I lost one of em... so right now I only have 1 left since the other is held by the finance company as guarantee.

That's why I need a new replacement in case I misplace again :hammer
Hello All, I believe there is a way to code a new chipped key on the bike itself using the working key by put the ecu into key flash mode. the manual does not say this but the dealership does it secretly. i do have an rough idea of the steps but need someone to get some more information. Basically you switch the dealer mode on and short the ign switch wires to make the ecu alive and then turn with the working key on which makes the flash mode on and then you need to cycle the blank key and it gets written by the ecu .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts