Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm planning on getting the forged magnesium rims for my K6 1000, red/blk. those price at about $2500, so i'm kinda wondering what would be best "color" so my bike looks pretty pimp? the choices are Black, Gold, Silver, and Blue (not getting blue) it'd help if any of yall would show pics of yours on your bike if yall got em :cheers
(i realize colors are matter of preference, just wanna get yalls opinions before i blow my wad)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you are doing it for bling then just get aluminum if you are trying to get performance then go with just black wheels. If you want to dress your bike up then look at RC Components or PVMs. The PVMs have more of a color selection. http://www.ema-usa.com/ They have some good ideas of the PVM wheels or go to www.indysuperbikes.com

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Skyhighsami said:
If you are doing it for bling then just get aluminum if you are trying to get performance then go with just black wheels.
Huh?:scratch

·
Registered
764 Posts
^^ im going to assume because it wont show dirt/ brake dust?
pvm does have some pretty badass looking wheels! either the marc's or the pvm's, you cant go wrong! like sami was saying though, if youre only going for bling and dont care too much about performance, then save the money and get the aluminum wheels.

as far as color.... i like a subtle look so i would go for black, but i also think the silver would look pretty good but it would be easier if someone handy with photoshop could make up some pix!

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Like car interiors, what you opt for is pretty much limited by the colour of the exterior. Some wheel colours just do not go well with some body colors. For instance, would blue wheels go with a yellow/black fairing/tank paint scheme? Gold and black will, however match most bodywork colour schemes and would therefore be easier to match, and re-sell a couple of years down the road when you're done/bored with them. I'm speaking from experience here.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wish those were mine, I still got stockers on my k5. Those are pvm. And if I had the $ those would be the ones I got over the marchesini.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sorry about the clarity of my post I was chasing around the little girl in my avitar in the middle and lost my train of thought. 2 year olds have so much energy

·
Registered
94 Posts
go with the gold.. i always have gold wheels on all my bikes.. everyone always check out the wheels.. here is a pic of my 1000rr with gold..

Reactions: eye-man

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats weird.. i can see the pics on the thread.. anyway, i relinked them differently.. can you see them now???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.