Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster, long time rider.

Hadn't ridden a gixxer in eons when through odd circumstances I came to own two of them in the same month.

An 05 600 that had been in storage (properly) for four years.

And a salvage, slightly wrecked 07 600. Hit in the rear. Mostly cosmetic damage. Runs fine but gonna need plastic surgery.

I've worked on a lot of different sportbikes so I should be able to help some folks out.

·
16,996 Posts
First time poster, long time rider.

Hadn't ridden a gixxer in eons when through odd circumstances I came to own two of them in the same month.

An 05 600 that had been in storage (properly) for four years.

And a salvage, slightly wrecked 07 600. Hit in the rear. Mostly cosmetic damage. Runs fine but gonna need plastic surgery.

I've worked on a lot of different sportbikes so I should be able to help some folks out.

Welcome dude.
Enjoy your stay...:cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Welcome aboard!
Nice to have some more mechanical experience around!
Share some pics of the bikes when you can!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the salvage title 07 with its new tail and fairings. Only issue is the speedo/odo are not working. Rest of the cluster works. Going to swap out the speed sensor and cross my fingers. Don't want to buy a cluster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the 05 Anniv. edition. Owned by an army guy. Army moved it for him from VA to TX then to GA. It sat for 4+ years (he did it right, fresh oil prior to storage, gas drained, a little oil to coat the tank sides, on stands most of the time). He wasn't mechanically inclined so hesitant to sell it on CL. I went over it completely. Fresh gas and a battery and came right back to life. Changed the plugs and coolant just to have a reference point of when it was last done. Dealer did the brake recall since it hadn't been done. Really nice but set up for a shorter rider. I'm 6'2" and i sit on it like a jockey at the Kentucky Derby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Carnage
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing