Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Truly a no win situation. Yes, the driver was negligent and needs to account for same. But there was no criminal intent. Both sides lost. At least he was man enough to admit his fault.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Truly a no win situation. Yes, the driver was negligent and needs to account for same. But there was no criminal intent. Both sides lost. At least he was man enough to admit his fault.
what do you mean? people go to jail for murder because of negligence. what do you suggest? let him go? courts already let go many drivers who have "no criminal intent", and they keep running people off the road or ram them into the guard rail.

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
what do you mean? people go to jail for murder because of negligence. what do you suggest? let him go? courts already let go many drivers who have "no criminal intent", and they keep running people off the road or ram them into the guard rail.
By definition, it's only murder if there's intent.

The only way negligence would be considered murder is that if it were such a blatantly negligent action, that any reasonable person should know that they're likely to kill somebody.

The whole thing is pretty horrible, like somebody else said, there is no winner there. It'll be interesting to see what sentence he gets.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
By definition, it's only murder if there's intent.

The only way negligence would be considered murder is that if it were such a blatantly negligent action, that any reasonable person should know that they're likely to kill somebody.

The whole thing is pretty horrible, like somebody else said, there is no winner there. It'll be interesting to see what sentence he gets.
OK, this should have been rephrased - people can go to jail if they killed somebody unintentionally but not in self defense, at least in my other country. you took words like murder in legal context here, while I simply implied killing or some other non-judicial term. Just a confusion in lingo, since I was brought up in a place with continental law, I hopefully will fill the gap. I wonder how much will he get for 5 died riders.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Lets hope he gets the max !!! Diabetics NEED to take care of themselves, It's not well we will do it tomorrow ! I have heard of it happening too many times, diabetics going into a coma while driving

·
Registered
80 Posts
Lets hope he gets the max !!! Diabetics NEED to take care of themselves, It's not well we will do it tomorrow ! I have heard of it happening too many times, diabetics going into a coma while driving
I'm guessing you don't have this problem my girlfriend does and sometimes she gets low can't help it and has a hard time getting her blood sugar back up. Her pump has broken a couple of times and she doesn't know till it's too late. Sometimes they can't help it. Now I don't know all the circumstances but I know sometimes shit just happens. :(

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I'm guessing you don't have this problem my girlfriend does and sometimes she gets low can't help it and has a hard time getting her blood sugar back up. Her pump has broken a couple of times and she doesn't know till it's too late. Sometimes they can't help it. Now I don't know all the circumstances but I know sometimes shit just happens. :(

that really sucks, hope she's gonna be OK. but if someone can lose his/her consciousness suddenly, he or she might not qualify for a driving licence due to the health concerns.

·
Registered
80 Posts
And that's what the law is if she has an accident and it was caused by her diabetes then she can lose her license this isn't anything new they have thought about all this. and she's fine that's just stuff you deal with every day as a diabetic.:thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is the only thing that scares me when riding. I can take all the safety precautions in the world, but all it takes is that one jerk, grandma, diabetic, narcoleptic to crash into me at a high rate of speed...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
BlackGuyOnAGsx-R
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing