Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a gixxer 600 or 750, but im in college and money is an issue for me. im looking for a 01 or 02 and i want to spend around 5000. can i find a decent one for my price range, and is the 750 the way to go. i was looking at yamahas R6 but i am really confused right now, i just want to make the right purchase. ive rode for years on bigger cruiser bikes and have rode some very fast rockets that i can handle just fine

·
Registered
297 Posts
how much did you really ride the sport bikes? that is the real question. lots of people can handle a sport bike decently well, but not many can really control a bike even near its potential. i'd say 600 if this is your first sport bike, and don't have much experiance with one. the 600's are still fast as shit, they just don't have the top end. but they still go in the 160 + range, so thats fast enough. 600 is more then you need for your first bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i grew up on a 750 honda magna which had the inline 4 and that had around 100 horse which motivated that to 150 on a good stretch of road, but i love the looks of the sport bikes. i also have ridden my friends R6 plenty of times, so i do have experience. tonight i rode a guys 02 gixxer 1k that has been extensively modified w/ over 200 ponies , along with his 300 horse bussa and i loved it. i liked the 1k better than the bussa though. i dont want anything like that by any means but it gave me a taste so im wanting to know the big diff between the 600 and 750 on quickness and everything else. thanks for the reply

·
Registered
337 Posts
i grew up on a 750 honda magna which had the inline 4 and that had around 100 horse which motivated that to 150 on a good stretch of road, but i love the looks of the sport bikes. i also have ridden my friends R6 plenty of times, so i do have experience. tonight i rode a guys 02 gixxer 1k that has been extensively modified w/ over 200 ponies , along with his 300 horse bussa and i loved it. i liked the 1k better than the bussa though. i dont want anything like that by any means but it gave me a taste so im wanting to know the big diff between the 600 and 750 on quickness and everything else. thanks for the reply
"750 honda magna which had the inline 4"

The Magna had a V4 not an inline 4, and still dose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts