Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some strange reason, my bike has never been able to get into Seventh gear no matter how hard i pull up on the peddle... any help will be appreciated!!

[ 09-11-2002, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: GSXR600M ]

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same problem until I discovered that you have to get up to about 150mph and then shift all the way down to first. If you let off the clutch fast enough it will pop right into seventh gear. It works everytime for me.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
There is a special circuit that wont allow you to shift into 7th unless the throttle is wide open and your are hitting the rev limiter while in 6th.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Originally posted by GSXRLOVERNYC:
WTF
Dude there is no 7th .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dude, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I ride in 7th gear all the time. All you have to do to get it is gear up to sixth then PUSH REALLY HARD to get seventh. If it doesn't work, you're not pushing hard enough.

Has anyone successfully installed the 8th gear mod?

·
Banned
6,048 Posts
ivans makes that mod for our bikes i got one last week, and WOW...its soo much cleaner and smoother now......

i heard it isnt as noticable for the 600's or 1000's though....

hmmmmm...........

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Shifting to 7th is a real bitch. Sometimes I have to reach down with my hand while redlined in 6th and just yank the shit out of it to get it to go into the elusive 7th gear.

As for the 8th gear mod I decided to go for the Reverse mod instead. It's perfect for when you are backin' your ride in at hooters and don't want to actually have to walk it manually.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
GSXRLOVERNYC, If you want to try the 7th and 8th gear mod, I have a full kit. Just drop me a PM and we'll work out the details

·
Registered
95 Posts
Originally posted by Brolo:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by GSXRLOVERNYC:
WTF
Dude there is no 7th .
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dude, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I ride in 7th gear all the time. All you have to do to get it is gear up to sixth then PUSH REALLY HARD to get seventh. If it doesn't work, you're not pushing hard enough.

Has anyone successfully installed the 8th gear mod?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">8th gear is easy. While in seventh:

-Rev engine twice, quick
-honk horn 3 times
-left directional
-right directional
-left directional
-right directional
-Tap Rear Brake Twice
-and now go for 8th

Should be a snap!!!

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
8th gear is easy. While in seventh:

-Rev engine twice, quick
-honk horn 3 times
-left directional
-right directional
-left directional
-right directional
-Tap Rear Brake Twice
-and now go for 8th

Should be a snap!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dood...that's for the "infinity lifes" mod...and you for got the "hit the off switch off and on really quick".

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
switch to GP shift it makes it easier to slam into 7th.. just stand up and kick down on the shifter like your trying to fire up a 2 stroke.
i also have hte 8th gear mod for sale.. brand new in box for the low price of 499.95

1 - 15 of 15 Posts