Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 gsxr 1000 needs a new CDI Computer box. It was dropped and know it runs like crap and the fi light is on. I just called my local dealer. $849.00. Does anyone have any hook ups?

I checked ebay, they go for like 150.00 but they don't have any for 04's 1000. Some of the part numbers are different.

Please help.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,916 Posts
My 04 gsxr 1000 needs a new CDI Computer box. It was dropped and know it runs like crap and the fi light is on. I just called my local dealer. $849.00. Does anyone have any hook ups?

I checked ebay, they go for like 150.00 but they don't have any for 04's 1000. Some of the part numbers are different.

Please help.
Thanks.
You sure it's the CDI??
Are you assuming this because of the FI lite??
What do you mean dropped??

$670 at Ron Ayers..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It fell HARD.. I mean real hard from a high spot on concreat. Know the fi light is on. Bike doesn't rev up and it sounds all messed up.

Its the 18g
THe box is the only thing that was removed form the 300 mile bike and than dropped.

Whos ron ayers? Phone number if you have it..
Thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks.
Look at the top right of your computer screen. That's Ron Ayers...u will also find his phone # there.

·
Super Moderator
12,916 Posts
It fell HARD.. I mean real hard from a high spot on concreat. Know the fi light is on. Bike doesn't rev up and it sounds all messed up.

Its the 18g
THe box is the only thing that was removed form the 300 mile bike and than dropped.

Thanks.
What's the FI error code #??
How do you know the CDI is bad???
Did the bike just fall over or did you dump it??

·
Super Moderator
12,916 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Why are u callen it the CDI??? Its the ECU. CDI is a type of igntion.

Keep looken on e-bay. Why was it out of your bike in the first place??? Is your bike still new, as in under warranty. If so, maybe u can get it under warranty if ur smart about it.

D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its called a cdi. If you type it into ebay gsxr cdi it pulls them up. Just not for an 04 gsxr 1000.

There not going to warrenty it. I got really mad. I smashed it, than poored fuel all over it and torched the cdi. I have anger issues when i fuk up.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Ok man. Its not a CDI unit. Its a ecu or the correct term ECM. When u type that in at ebay it pulls up anything whith cdi in it, did u notice the real cdi units for the older 90's non FI bike. Everyone else puts cdi in their descption along with ecu and ecm so more people will see it.

I think u need calm down next time before u just decided to tourch ur 700$ computer in your bike.

D

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Im not tyren to be a dick, just tryen to help u out. Start bidden on that one from ebay. I have one, but it aint for a 1000, or i would hook ya up. I am able to get stuff though for dealer cost, which is def cheaper then anything u have found, but it aint so easy to do right now. But let me know if ur intersted, we can see what we can do.

D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I ordered a used one from ron. $450.00. I ordered it before that ebay one was available. Oz already shipped it out for 450.00. Than i find another one for 250.00 and know there is one on ebay. All 4 hours after he shipped the one for 450.00. Nice, thats what i get for being jumpy.

I overnighted it so it's going to come in today. Guess what, rain saturday, sunday and monday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.