Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems when i do stoppies my main 30amp fuse always blows and kills the power to my bike...any ideas why?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just bought my 99 600, and I had the problem of the main fuse blowing. The ground cable coming off of the battery was loose. I tightened it up, not a problem since. Hope this helps! If not, you'll have to rack your brain to solve.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hummm i think that may have worked...i cranked the hell out of the ground wire on the battery...then tried some stoppies..about a dozen of um and i had no problems. the screw wasnt even that loose but maybe loose enough to trip the fuse. im going to put the bike back together and hope i dont need to pull it back apart. if that did it then i owe you lunch bro...hows taco bel sound. lol
just playin. thanks man! hope you guys wont see anything further from me on this post.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well the same thing happened to me when i turned the bike off it would blow took it to Lees performance center in charlotte. They called me asked what happens? I told them i turn the bike off and when i go back to turn it opn and ride no power. Ten minutes later they call back and say it i fixed come get it No charge since i bought it there. Well turns out when i wa locking the barsa wire from te ignition had rubbed dwn and was hitting the fork when i locked it so look at that too

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nah, I don't like Taco Bell too much. I would'nt mind some Wendy's though. A number 1 mustard ketchup pickles only NO CHEESE and Dr pepper. I bet it is the wire rubbing on the forks

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
You might also want to check the ground wire were it connects to the motor...

John

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks james...if the problem persists thats gonna be the first thing i look for...thanks guys! ill know later today if its fixed or not

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey, James is trying to get in on my Taco Bell, thats not right!! I haven't had any problems in over a month now. Good luck!

·
Registered
582 Posts
i had a big issue with shorts all over my steering column so if i were you i would check the steering column..where most wires are where there are moving parts..but the main fuse is a bitch especially to get to if your is under the rear fairing. But hopefully tightning the ground wire on the battery fixed it.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no that wasnt the problem...tightening the battery and all grounds didnt do it. i tore all the wires out of the bike and started running threw them all and found a bad connection inside 1 of the wireing harness. clean that baby out and cliped it back together...now im doing mondo stoppies again!!!! yah me! thanks for the help guys howveer no one wins the taco bell lunch this time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts