Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for the magneto on my 2k gix 600 w/'96 750. need to connect an ignition kill switch for my air shifter. the manual doesnt mention it, so is there one?

·
Registered
585 Posts
There is no magneto. does the airshifter you have only cut one circuit? If it only cuts one then you will have to add two relays to cut the grounds for the coils. If you need a diagram let me know.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has one ignition kill switch. it says to connect the coil wires to it, and then right below that, it talks about the the magneto ignition. so im guessing that the directions are for if you have either or? i have a battery ignition right? so all i have to do is cut the supply wires to the coils and run them through the ignition kill switch?

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
apparently the instructions are for bikes with magneto ignitions.

you can cut the coils as spike suggested, or you can also cut the sidestand circuit....you'd need only one relay in that case.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i figured it out so far. its not that bad when you understand what theyre saying. i called pingel and talked to a tech. thanks for the help guys...

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
So what did they say to do??? Come on man... Dont leave us hangin like that.. lol

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts