Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Jeenis said:
nice jump. i love my 1k, tho it scares the hell outta me every time i get on it. safe riding bro
It's not good to be "scared" of your bike- If your scared of your bike you picked the wrong size bike for your skills. Being scared just shows that you don't have control of your bike and that the bike really controls you. Just dangerous and dumb, a bad combination on a sport bike.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think when someone gets to the point of not being "scared" is when they kinda forget what they are riding and wind up hurt. I guess it also depends on what he means by scared. Scared in a respectful way. or scared i gotta stop and gather my thoughts. the last one is not a good thing. just my .02

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Ghostrider750 said:
It's not good to be "scared" of your bike- If your scared of your bike you picked the wrong size bike for your skills. Being scared just shows that you don't have control of your bike and that the bike really controls you. Just dangerous and dumb, a bad combination on a sport bike.
uhhhh....... any veteran bike rider will say the exact OPPOSITE of what you said. "thinking" you're in full control will only lead you to be unprepared when the unexpected happens. being fearful/wary keeps you on your toes and helps you to expect the worst in every situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've been out of it for afew years now my last ride was an 01 750 in april i'll be buying either a 04-07 gsxr 1000 not as big of a jump but i expect alot of fun times next summer have still road afew times a year since i sold my 750 and have road the 1000 so i know what i'm getting into but have fun with it though i know i will

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
dJt3xtbook said:
uhhhh....... any veteran bike rider will say the exact OPPOSITE of what you said. "thinking" you're in full control will only lead you to be unprepared when the unexpected happens. being fearful/wary keeps you on your toes and helps you to expect the worst in every situation.
Uhhh, I am a veteran bike rider-12 yrs riding street-9 years track, and 20 years of dirt. If you are always scared than you don't have confidence in your riding skills (You can't be faster if your always scared of the bike) or like I said the the wrong size bike for the rider. You have to know how to control the bike in order to be able to ride it to it's capacity and/or know when something is wrong with the bike. If you dump a bike the first rule is to get back on so fear doesn't settle in, second is to know/ find out why you crashed-other wise you won't know what to correct the next time).
Being aware and fearful are two different things. Fear will hold you back and make you hesitate and possibly make you second guess your actions.
Being aware is knowing what is going on so you don't make a error or when to expect one.
BTW- I never said "full control"-that's not possible,(I said control of the bike- not the situation) anything can happen.
Being unprepared is like not wearing gear or a helmet- you should always try be prepared for the unexpected...just not scared where it can affect your riding.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Its always interesting to see how these threads develop, with opinions going one way, then the other.:D

By the way, WELCOME TO THE BOARD, gixxerpick!:cool You are best advised to take your time to explore your bike's capabilities, and not let ego or bravado get over you before you're prepared for the conditions at hand.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.