Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wel, I did some searching here yesterday and read quite a few posts about the TRE mods. Found a diagram of how to wire one up myself over at onedownfiveup.com so I decided I'd give it a shot. Went to the local Radio Shack and $15 later had all the stuff I needed (male/female quick disconnects, 30 foot of 3 different color wires, a DPDT switch with on/off labeled plates, and a couple 15k ohm resistors just incase I broke one during installation). Came back home, looked at the diagram and hooked everything together so that if the switch is off it's in stock mode, and if the switch is on, the TRE is activated. Installed it on the bike, ran the switch to the tail area (best place I could think of to mount it without any crazy custom work) and tested it out. Started it in stock mode, let it idle for a little to get the oil circulated, and then blipped the throttle a couple times. Just twisted it a 1/4 turn realfast and then closed it again. There was the usual hesitation and everything was normal. Switched it to on (TRE mode) and when you blip the throttle, that hesitation is GONE. Took it for a test ride in TRE mode and I could tell a HUGE difference. (This will be my second season riding it, so I'm used to it being stock, and with the TRE I can tell a noticeable difference.) I even let a friend ride it (he has a moderately modded 636 so it wasn't TOO exciting for him)...But he rode it in stock factory mode first and then switched it to TRE and even he could tell the difference. I would suggest doing this mod to anyone who wants a little more pick up in their 600. I would also recommend doing this yourself, as it took me a whopping 30 - 35 minutes to make the unit, and another 30 minutes or so to install it, and it saved me $30 by not buying a switched unit off the net. If you don't mind cutting wires on the bike (I've gotten used to it after switching the front sprocket and installing the Yellow Box, plus putting in my Gregg's Custom flushmounts, and the rear fender eliminator) I would DEFINITELY do it yourself. Very wisely spent $15 and a good 1 hour of my time spent.

·
Registered
139 Posts
do you still have that diagram of the TRE build???...i cant find it...can i get it from you?? i also want to build it myself...it seems easy to make one and not pay 50 bucks..i see that all the parts you can get to make the TRE all at Radio shack..since its near my house i might make a trip down there...

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
Damn you wanna make a batch of those and sell to gixxer.com members

I'd pay you the $15 plus a little extra and shipping, I mean in the end it would be the same as if I orderd off of ebay but better money in a gixxer.com mebers hand then some random person

·
Registered
387 Posts
jeffw here on this board makes them, or if you want to do it yourself he sells a kit with everything you need including the factory connectors so you don't have to cut a single wire.

His are called JSDs and can be found at www.jsdproducts.com

I reckon they are worth it alone for the connectors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you still have that diagram of the TRE build???...i cant find it...can i get it from you?? i also want to build it myself...it seems easy to make one and not pay 50 bucks..i see that all the parts you can get to make the TRE all at Radio shack..since its near my house i might make a trip down there...
Here is the diagram I used. Pretty awesome write-up really.
One Down Five Up TRE write-up

·
Registered
814 Posts
anyone know if there is any diff whatsoever on the 05 750? I assume not but wanted to ask. Its a 20th AE if that matters...

·
Registered
32 Posts
it should be the same

·
Registered
116 Posts
I did the same thing but only spent ten dollars i didnt want the name plates and had the wire but, i did have to buy a pack of resistors instead of just one but i honestly cant tell a real difference. My friends who helped me solder the thing together drove my bike with it on and off and they said they could tell a difference so i guess it does work ill post pics and radioshack part numbers later on tonight. Bugmans website has everything u could possibly want to know about this and parts diagrams and anything else..... Later
Jon

·
Registered
139 Posts
Here is the diagram I used. Pretty awesome write-up really.
One Down Five Up TRE write-up
thanks!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well I wired in a switchable TRE - Kind of a pain - I think I'll just buy the plug in type next time.

One Question - Why does the rpm drop with the TRE installed, I figured it would be the opposite.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
423 Posts
Took the bike this morning to work and I could definitely tell a difference after the TRE install. Smoother and more responsive in the lower gears.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Took the bike this morning to work and I could definitely tell a difference after the TRE install. Smoother and more responsive in the lower gears.
I don't think you could tell a difference, if you are riding an 1100 with carbs. TRE's only work on fuel injected bikes
Are you using a TRE on your 1100?

·
Registered
654 Posts
I need to update my sig - I also have a 2004 750.
Ohhhhhh- hehehehe That makes a lot more sense
I just put the TRE on my bike too, I do notice a difference

1 - 18 of 18 Posts