Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 18" D&D carbon fiber can and cut it down to 15". Since D&D has not even started on making a system for this 2005, I had to use a mid pipe I had laying around. It was a mid pipe from an old M4 system. I had to cut it down a couple of inches as well. It sounds awsome. Here are acouple of pics....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The only thing I would put a D&D on is a motorhome. WHy take a 10k big and put a cheapass okie dokie 50$ D&D stainless muffler on it? Whatever if you like it is all that matters but I doubt you will get any compliments around here

·
Registered
231 Posts
d&d
why the hell would you buy a 11,000 bike and jerry rig a pipe, thats STUPID!! But whats even more stupid is that you jerry rig a pipe using a d&d . you and him need your ass

·
Registered
1,685 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
If your state does not have emissions or Noise Regs then the best pipe is a GP that you make yourself. Tell a welder what you want and size specifics, show him what you want to do. No Baffles, no sound reduction, only proper back pressure.

A mom and Pop local machine shop can hook you right up......

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why are all you hating on the type of can? If you know anything about flow (which I do) (design engineer). The size of the through hole is what matters. It is the same through diameter as all the other cans. If I were to put on a full system it would not be a D&D. I would also bet that some of you would think that Yosh. would be a good can. Right? I do not think so. I put this pipe on for sound, looks, and it was free. And I did not pay $11 grand for this bike. I payed much less. What does cost have anything to do with it?
So to all of you who do not like it OH WELL!

·
I <3 Item 9
13,426 Posts
i like it... i gotta agree that it's a crappy pipe for a nice bike like that, but you did do a good job

just stick an Acropovic badge on it

·
Limpy McTinydick, wants to be a French Canadian
3,941 Posts
all you have to do is take off the D&D badge and tell everone that you made it your self and they will all be like damn that thing sounds good, and thats cool as fuck . then tell them its a shitty ass d&d and tell them you eat poop and cheese sandwitces. and you love them oh so much. then punch your self in the face and take that pipe off your bike.
problem solved.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts