Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know everyone warned me not to, but the temptation was too great...

i borrowed a friend's tl1000r yesterday and put almost 300kms on it in an afternoon....

damn...!

the tl has totally ruined everything for me. now i know why i can't keep up with him in group rides

does ne1 know what the going rate is for used 89 gsxr 750's? or mine at least? i was dreaming of going 7/11 but after riding the tl it just dosen't make sense anymore... sigh.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Benjamin Tang ]

·
Registered
139 Posts
1. I also erred in judgement over the weekend, I rode my friend's 97 XX1100 Blackbird. Nice bike, soft in the corners, but MONSTER engine. I will remain on my 91 GSXR750 for another season, but I am close friends with the owner of that XX, so I could be in the market next Fall...
2. A good friend of mine just bought an 89 750, with Yosh, but otherwise stock. 35000 km, about 20000 miles for the US guys. Paid CAN$4400, or about US$3000.
3. Your 89, with 6 pot brakes, inverted front end, RGV (?) tailsection, and lovely paint should get more. Not sure of the KM on your bike, but you should bring close to CAN$5000 with such a well sorted bike.
4. You would be sure to bring 5 with that sweet Yosh carbon I am trying to sell you...

Mark

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
looks are subjective of course, but to me the blackbird looks like a typical honda.....bland....

like it or hate it, you would never mistake the busa for any other bike.

it might look questionable, but it's arguably one of the most aerodynamic if not the most aerodynamic production bike in the world...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Next chance I get to ride a 'Busa, I will, but not many guys will let you swing a leg over their 190mph bike...

I will ride one, but I don't know anyone with one.

That new GSXR1000 would likely rot my head too...

Mark

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
didn't honda have plans for a brand new blackbird for 02 to compete with the zx12 and busa? last i heard was that the 02 blackbird was the same as the 01 but with different colors....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts