Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if there are any machine shops in the NYC area that would mahcine cranks, rods, and balance them as well. I may just rebuild a motor for the 97 750. I have built several VW aircooled engines and the challlenge may just be what I need to get me over my VW missing blues. Anyone have any numbers, trusted shops? Cheap and good. I know I cannot get all three.

Thanks in advance and Merry xmas.
E

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only making the slight rattle at low RPMs. That could be either piston slap due to small end on thee rod issues, or warped cylinders. Either way, oil pressure is good, and everything else seems to be tip top. I rather just deal with building an engine than spend too much money on a used one that has some miles to it. If I could find a decent machine shop that would do the balancing and grinding, then I'm set. Still not working, so have plenty of time to work on it.

E

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone? I guess I can ship the parts to machine shops., just didnt want to spend the money in freight.
Who sells bearings, gaskets and rebuild kits?

E

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyhone know where to get a set of rods, pistons, and cranks in good condition or where I can have my old parts machined and balanced?

97 750 Srad.

Happy new year by the way.

E

1 - 8 of 8 Posts