Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I install this M4 slip-on be installed right after the factory catalytic converter? Or must I use the mid-pipe they provide (#2 in pics)?

I actually want to leave my cat in place so that it doesn't mess with my O2.

Attachments

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,744 Posts
No idea but: I ran the m4 shorty on a K6 1000 for a week until I couldn't stand it anymore and put the stock can back on. I hope you (and your neighbors) like LOUD

Also, I hope you don't intend to do any track days because there's no way that pipe will ever pass a sound check to get on the track.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No idea but: I ran the m4 shorty on a K6 1000 for a week until I couldn't stand it anymore and put the stock can back on. I hope you (and your neighbors) like LOUD

Also, I hope you don't intend to do any track days because there's no way that pipe will ever pass a sound check to get on the track.
Everything he said.. Those pipes are loud. A guy I ride with has the m4 shorty on his K8 1K and he has to wear ear plugs even if he riding 5 miles down to the store.

·
Premium Member
3,498 Posts
Can I install this M4 slip-on be installed right after the factory catalytic converter? Or must I use the mid-pipe they provide (#2 in pics)?

I actually want to leave my cat in place so that it doesn't mess with my O2.
Have you noticed that your bike has dual exhaust, are you planning to plug the other cat outlet? :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you noticed that your bike has dual exhaust, are you planning to plug the other cat outlet? :)
LOL yes, though it never occurred to me that the cat has 2 outlets, 1 for each muffler. I guess that answers my question. Thanks!

As for sound level, it isn't so bad with the baffle in. It used to be installed on my bike (which I bought used) but I took it off because the lack of cat confused the O2 sensor and it ran like crap. Anyways, that's besides the point of this thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm running a 2 brothers slip on with a cat delete pipe. Hasn't made my bike run funny.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I'm running a 2 brothers slip on with a cat delete pipe. Hasn't made my bike run funny.
With nothing to tune for the changes in afr? Not smart...

·
Registered
28 Posts
What are the downfalls of doing that besides not getting the full potential out of the bike?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
get a power commander and the map for your set-up then remove the set valve and plug the PAIR hose and youre done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts