Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

I'm trying to install my M4 shorty CF slip on on my K6 GSXR 750. The problem I'm running into is that the M4 muffler does not fit over the exhaust pipe. Am I to peal back the tabs on the M4 or should it fit?

Thx.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
that looks like an 08 or more rescent header. judging by those grind marks and how close the SET valve is to the end...:dunno when i did the cat hack on my 08 i had to do some serious grinding to get it to slide on.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
that DOES look like an 08 header. like newb said, wd 40 'er and first place the slit on your slipon over the header and push. do you have a caliper that you could measure the oustide of the header pipe and the inside of the slipon pipe?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It'll fit. Bend it a little and push hard :giggity:
that DOES look like an 08 header. like newb said, wd 40 'er and first place the slit on your slipon over the header and push. do you have a caliper that you could measure the oustide of the header pipe and the inside of the slipon pipe?
Yes I do have a caliper I could use to measure. I'll try WD40 as well. Thx guys

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your experience is the main reason I bought an '06 header for my '08... no cutting, grinding, ill fit, etc. Well worth the $60 any day.
I hear ya. I have no experience with this stuff...lol... however with the help of this forum, I manage to get by. I have the exhaust installed and I can see about a millimeter gap where the tabs are. The clamp covers it nicely and it's on solid.

Pics and possibly sound clip to follow.

Thx all for all your help.

·
Canadian bacon is REAL!
1,701 Posts
that looks like an 08 or more rescent header. judging by those grind marks and how close the SET valve is to the end...:dunno when i did the cat hack on my 08 i had to do some serious grinding to get it to slide on.
I don't think it is an 08 header, I never had that much pipe after the set valve once I cut off the cat.

Edit: on second look maybe it is. :scratch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
I'm Canadian
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing