Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ot my dealer today and there having a clearece sale. They have two can bolt-ons for sale. A Carbon M4 and a Yosh Tri-Oval ti Bolt-on cans. Which of the two is louder and better in performance???
Plz send me pictures if any of you have teh new 03 Gix1 with the M4 carbon.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I got a Yosh Tri Oval half system. Losing the poxy SET crap etc was the best mod so far. The sound and the power difference from only 1-2 hours work and no brain power required is a must

I have no idea what the diff between the M4 and the Yoshi is but the Yoshi is excellent in my lowly informed opinion and it looks sexy too

Yoshi sound really turns heads especially going hard in 1st and second or backing down really hard at lights. Chix go weak

·
Registered
283 Posts
Cant go wrong with either for sound but i think the Yosh is more sexy. There is an increase in power with a bolt on. Full systems are a waste of money as far as the power to $$$ ratio is concerned. Some folks are power hungry and will spend lots of cheese to get 10 hp from a bike that already has more than you need. I have falllen into the power trap before so I know how costly it can be. Get the Yosh and ride out.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have the Yosh tri-oval half system which I really like and would get again if I had to do it all over.
The M4 is probably the louder of the two.
I already attract too much attention with the Yosh, the M4 would in my opinion, just alert 5-0 to my hooligan behavior from an even further distance!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Here are a couple pictures of the bolt on TRS in Carbon. I switched to this from a Ti-Force slip on, this is just for the interm until I go with a full system later on. Just needed a little something for now.

·
Registered
587 Posts
badassmofo said:

bolt on exhaust is just for look and sound. it will not increase your performance. maybe 1 or 2 hp max.
I don't know bout the 03, but I put a tri oval bolt on Yosh. Ti can on my 02 and she dyno'ed 152max! And I LOVE the sound she puts out!
Can't say bout the M4, never had one and haven't paid much attention to those that have em!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Can you just remove the mid-pipe without re-mapping the bike? The valve in the pipe is not nessesary(SP)???? Please let me know!!!!!!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. You have been helpful. I love your pictures as well and I agree 100% with Buckshots comment. However, Iam really inclined more towards the Yosh TRS Oval ofcourse, but its Titanium. Not carbon. As a fashion statement, the carbon cans look so much better on the 03 Gix1's than the Ti's. Now I have to picture it on my bike. The M4 carbon Or the Yosh TRS Titanium can?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Speedbump said:

Can you just remove the mid-pipe without re-mapping the bike? The valve in the pipe is not nessesary(SP)???? Please let me know!!!!!!
When you install a slip-on w/ mid pipe, a.k.a. half system, the SET valve is eliminated. You should be able to find past posts with dyno charts using the various companies exhaust systems.
With no re-mapping, the bike will run fine, maybe a sligtly lean. I seem to remember a very slight dip in hp around 4k. Even with this slight dip(if present), I would recommend going with a half system and eliminating the SET valve.

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you Have to pick between these two, I'd go with the Yosh.
Unless you really want the carbon, then go M4. The diff is negligable, so just pick what looks the best to you.

However, many above have talked about the benefits of the 1/2 system, so if that is an option, you might want to spend a little extra.

Of course, if you're getting a GREAT deal on the bolt on, you can't pass that up!

·
Registered
448 Posts
jjw said:

If you Have to pick between these two, I'd go with the Yosh.
Unless you really want the carbon, then go M4. The diff is negligable, so just pick what looks the best to you.

However, many above have talked about the benefits of the 1/2 system, so if that is an option, you might want to spend a little extra.

Of course, if you're getting a GREAT deal on the bolt on, you can't pass that up!
Yep, I got my bolt on for a killer deal little over 150 bucks. Cant beat that. Plus I just think the TRS sounds awesome. Go with the TRS.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ok just my .02 I ride with a buddy who has the Yosh TRS S/O on his 02 1k. I have a High mount carbon M4 on my 03 1k. It's hard for me to hear just what my bike sounds like.With my helmet on and all,but I like the sound of his Yosh pipe over mine. Just seems to have a little more bite to it. Still saving my .01's for a full system Akro or Ti Force.Imo just get what you'll like

Hound

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
TWISM
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing