Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i changed my oil today from M1 to the t6 and OMG!!!!! this stuff is great my tranny shifts so crisp motor is quieter and over all im very happy! only thing is i came back and checked the oil level and u can see its already brown!. mybe thats because i didnt change the filter this time. i do a filter every other change. i do 3-4k oil changes. this is my 4th oil change since ive owned the bike.btw wix oil filter!!!

·
Banned
975 Posts
Because rotella is not made for motorcycle transmissions, how do you know it won't cause problems. Car oils today have all types of extra crap in it that's suppose to be good for engines, NOT moto transmissions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because rotella is not made for motorcycle transmissions, how do you know it won't cause problems. Car oils today have all types of extra crap in it that's suppose to be good for engines, NOT moto transmissions.
rotella is rated for JASO MA safe for wet clutches says so right on the bottle

·
Registered
305 Posts
I used it and my bike didnt like it at all. Temps were 5 degrees higher and tranny was super clunky. I've switch to amsoil 20w-50 and everything is butter. Just shows every bike is different.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm about to start using Rotella dino oil in mine, its the same Jaso Ma and they have it in 10w-40.

·
Registered
601 Posts
You may want to educate yourself on oil, especially Rotella.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have been using the basic rotella 15w40 and love it trans does shift smoother. i have a friend that drag races underground. he said that it is a good oil but i should try mobile one delvac. said it works the best for him and that he was more impressed with it then rotella

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did this same sway to the T6. Only reason was to do the synthetic oil for $30. just make sure oil has same additives required by motorcycle oils like Jerzy says. (T6 is compatible!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts