Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only the other day i tell my friend whos a bit younger than me ' Never over take on a junction, just never do it, ya never knwo where them cars are going to go'
Good advice huh, yep, but wish I took my own advice. Yesterday with the sun out went for a ride with that very same mate. Comming up to a junction with a few cars wating ,. the lead car takes his right turn and i assumed the rest were going straight, untill i got beside the next lead car, which had its indicators on. I locked up and laid on the horn but it was to late.
Car turned , i bounced of its doors but stayed upright and we all came to a stop.
Well two farly banged up doors on a Hyundia Accent and a hole in my stator cover( crank case cover ) and no cops or insuirance involved,
I got lucky,
Another lesson learned

Shay

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
a lucky escape and a lesson learnt too.glad you are Ok mate. We all do these things and tell everyone else that they shouldn't don't we.............

Andy

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
stmb said:
Thanks Julia1, yeah i think luck was with me yesterday
Roll on the spring,
Jeees 134 Euros for a replacment crank case cover from suzuki,
I was on Ebay last night looking at M&P's sale, they had replacment engine covers for sale but it may have been for the older models of Gixxers.
It's worth giving them a call out of interest...I don't have their number though!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a cover from a shop in the UK for 50 Pounds including the Gasket and shipping, so converted to euro thats 90, Godamm this countries a rip of.
Should be back up and ruinnign by next week.
So its going to have to go through my insurance, as my leg and body done 2,000 euros of damage to the POS car. No way im paying for that after paying 2,000 for my insurance.

People driving tin cans

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
£50 .it'll will only cost you that much from a suzuki dealer inc the gasket

when you fit it make a note some of the bolts have sealing washers on them, make sure they go back onthe same bolts and tighten it down progressively
sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GIXXERUK said:
£50 .it'll will only cost you that much from a suzuki dealer inc the gasket

when you fit it make a note some of the bolts have sealing washers on them, make sure they go back onthe same bolts and tighten it down progressively
sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs
No probs man, thanks for the advise, i didnt know about the washers,
Any info in appreciated.

Shay

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I'm glad you're still around to tell the tale, Shay. hope you get it sorted quickly.

BTW, I reckon as long as you didn't/don't admit liability your insurance will see it as knock for knock and not sting you too hard. While you shouldn't have overtaken him there, he should have checked his mirrors before turning

1 - 12 of 12 Posts