Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - did you manage to install the Kreiga US20 on the Suzuki GSXR1000 ? I am in the same boat as you, and I am looking for a not-too-ugly bag to put on my bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Kreiga US 20 works well, and I’ve added 2 US 10s on the sides for longer trips. Getting the straps around the sub-frame is a faff but doable, and once they’re there they fold under the seat / cowl when not needed.

I got some cheap rubber matting from ebay (search for ‘Black Non Slip Mat’) cut it to size to wrap around the whole tail unit (i.e. on top and under the seat) and cut holes to pass the Kreiga straps through the matting and connect. I.e. the matting sits between seat and luggage, with ends long enough to wrap under the tail unit. Then wrap some bungees around the US 20 and US10s and under the seat, and nothing is in contact with the bodywork. Easy and v quick to do, and rock solid.

I’ve taken it to Nurburgring and stable up to an indicated 170 on the non-restricted autobahn, but then ran out of road / lack of traffic. HTH!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Getting the straps around the sub-frame is a faff but doable, and once they’re there they fold under the seat / cowl when not needed.
Have a tour of the picos in 6 weeks (portsmouth to santender on the ferry and then ride back up through france to st malo for the return , was planning on the renntech rack for tent, sleeping bag, matt and then the us10+us30+us10 combo on the back seat. Also going to try to get my givi tank (ST602) bag fixed to the filler - but the filler is in the middle of the tank so will see how that pans out.

Can you post a picture of how you got the kriega straps around the sub frame please? - Had a look earlier and couldn't see how to do it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Will try to take a pic later. But broadly, take off rear seat / cowl, and can see sub-frame with small spaces between it and plastics. Faff and swear until you get the Kreiga attachment straps around the frame, with tabs poking up through the seat holes. Then connect etc. HTH.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
BTW enjoy the picos and ferry - a great trip with some fantastic roads. You likely have your route all sorted, but if you can, head to the centre / east of France when heading back up as west coast rather dull. And if you have a tomtom satnav select avoid 'toll-roads' for your route north which will take you fairly directly albeit on route nationale's. In a car you'd get stuck behind stuff, so quicker on payage, but on bike not an issue, and far more interesting than payages, not to mention far less policed. Plus don't have to faff with tolls. I did that down from Cherbourg to Biarritz in a day and it was a fun (if fast, and long!) day. Bon Chance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
awesome, thanks for taking the time to do that sceats. have replicated that and ordered a 2nd hand pillion seat (only had the cowl). Will be strapping a us10+us30+us10 kriega pack to it :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Having used a Ventura system on my last bike (Tuono Factory 1100) I went ahead and got the kit for my 1000R L8.
For those who worry about the aesthetics when not touring/using the luggage, I have attached some pictures showing the permanent fixtures and the removables.
It takes less <5 mins to effect the transformation - I timed myself at 3.5mins.
Items you need beyond the S130B fitting kit are:
1 x Ventura Top box adapter Kit
Any top box
Two stainless cap head M8 bolts (make sure the threads go all the way to the cap head)
Two M8 19 x 3mm stainless washers
Tools required - allen keys for the pinion bolts and cap head bolts.
If you don't want to use a Top Box, Ventura have a number of soft options
I don't have any association with Ventura, but have been v impressed with their kit.
Happy High Speed Touring, everyone : )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
And I have the more conventional Ventura rig on mine:

Ugly? Sacrilege? I guess so.

But I comfortably do 500-600 mile back to back days with this setup. I'll be doing it even more comfortably now, with this:

;-)

·
17,002 Posts
My Tail tidy precludes throw over bags which will hit the indicators,
Put the original tail back on
Not going to hold that much but for daily use the Held Racing tail bag sure is nice. Holds my wallet, phone, sunglasses and water bottle!
That looks very nice. I used use a Joe Rocket tank bag while commuting. It was very well made, held a crapload of stuff and it sat nice and secure with just the magnets.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I rode 1018 miles in two days, and got pelted with thunderstorms, hail, plants, birds, rocks, things... So forgive the really filthy bike. Cruise control is absolutely life changing on a superbike. I have compartment syndrome in my right hand/arm, and it's the difference between being able to ride for a couple hours a day, to more than 12 hours in the saddle.

My only complaint is that I had to go home and stop riding.

Attachments

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
871 Posts
I rode 1018 miles in two days, and got pelted with thunderstorms, hail, plants, birds, rocks, things... So forgive the really filthy bike. Cruise control is absolutely life changing on a superbike. I have compartment syndrome in my right hand/arm, and it's the difference between being able to ride for a couple hours a day, to more than 12 hours in the saddle.

My only complaint is that I had to go home and stop riding.
Looks like a mean little set up. Where did you go ?

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 43 Posts