Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 GSXR750W new coil packs leads caps plugs,carbs clean .Bike run fine first day,leave it over night do cold start misses pops 2km then fine,Next day cold start runs on 3 banks,thats it.One plug fowls up each time,dont burn oil,spent $1000 so far on finding a miss fire.Whats left CDI box and Trigger,? If i have to ill replace every thing.But be nice to spend it else where lol.:thumbup Any idears ? Runs beautiful till that 2nd or 3rd day.:gaahCheers Peter RTE38
RIP Rob :Martin

·
Juvenile Thinker
287 Posts
Is it always the same cylinder that fouls? If so swap plug wires with the sister cylinder and see if it follows or not. If it does its a cable, if not likely fuel delivery. Its a wasted spark system so both plugs fire at the same time 1 and 4, 2 and 3. Also make sure all your grounds are good.

To clarify, it ran great, then next day not so good, then day 3 worse and it has not gotten better since? If so a good carb teardown/clean is probably next in order.

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it always the same cylinder that fouls? If so swap plug wires with the sister cylinder and see if it follows or not. If it does its a cable, if not likely fuel delivery. Its a wasted spark system so both plugs fire at the same time 1 and 4, 2 and 3. Also make sure all your grounds are good.

To clarify, it ran great, then next day not so good, then day 3 worse and it has not gotten better since? If so a good carb teardown/clean is probably next in order.
Thank you but all the above is new or been tried,but i think i found the problem,dirty wires to CDI so i give them a jiggle and fires up beautiful.But will road test and start it few days running just to be certain. Yes always same cylinder .Will give a update soon.Cheers Peter NSW Australia.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts