Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, sorry if this is a double post but i tried a search and didnt really get anywhere. I finally got my 05 750 but its a touch high as im at 5'8, is there any easy ways to adjust the ride height, any help would be nice.

Anton

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
If it's just a touch too high, leave it where it is and just get used to it. If you change the ride height, you change the steering geometry
And seriously, at 5'8" you shouldn't have a problem - my wife is that height and she has no problem handling the bike (which is raised at the rear for faster handling). She can't flatfoot but she can hold it and just gets off and pulls if she needs to move it backwards. I'd rather recommend doing that...

·
Registered
303 Posts
im like 5'4"-5'5" and it depends on if i have have my work shoes on or not if i can flat foot or not.and i got a 2-3 drop on my '04-600.mabye my legs are a lil to short or something,lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good jlstang351 although how much effort are we looking at for the back, and price too i guess.

·
Registered
297 Posts
so how do you do it if i may ask?
the back is no problem at all. i just finished lowering my bike 2 inches both front and rear. the rear is the easiest part. all you do is buy adjustable dog bones/lowering links and replace them with the OEM ones on the bike, and you pick the adjustment, took me only like 2 minutes to lower the rear. the front too a little more work getting it to exactly 2 inches, all you do is loosen up the triple tree clamps and slide the forks down. but the whole process only took about 10-15 minutes. hope this helps, and good luck.

·
Registered
297 Posts
i'll get some pics up of the finished product as soon as i can.

·
Registered
670 Posts
hmmm... i wish i would have known how easy it was to lower a bike. My roomate just paid some shop to lower it for 180.00. I would have done it for her if it only took you 15 minutes. Any hoo, I'm also 5'8" and at times I can flat foot and other times I cant. Depends on what type of shoes I wear. You shouldn't have a problem riding the bike. Even backing up is a piece of cake at your height. Just get some riding boots which should give you plenty of height. I have the ICON boots and I can flat foot with those perfectly fine. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn, thats to bad that your roomate spent 180 bucks lowering the bike. thats a lot of money just to lower it. i think i spent like 25 bucks or so on the rear lowering links, just got them off ebay. ebay is absolutely amazing, ha.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts