Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered I havent strapped mine and will be doing so this year. But is there a way to lower the front sliding the forks up ? I noticed there isnt much area in the triples to move the forks around alot since they are necked down. Is strapping my only alternative ?

Thanks
Todd

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Strapping is not the only option. You can move the forks up by loosening the allen head bolts. Just make sure you measure the distance from the triple to the top of the forks on both sides. This ensures you have an even fork height for both. Be careful of the drag if you lower it too low.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt look like there is much room to lower them, as they bottle neck underneath the clamps. I ll check it out as I was going to try it , but didnt think it would net me much gain , cause it doesnt look like it can be lowered that much.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Be careful of the drag if you lower it too low.
???
By drag, I mean the dragging the bottom of the fairings. I've trashed a couple of sets of bottoms b/c of the lowered ride. I've got 2 of my bikes stretched(8 and 7.5) and 2 stock. I cruise and drag on the stretched ones and lean the hell out of the stock gixxers.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
What do you mean by bottleneck? You should be able to find enough clearance to raise the fork tubes a half inch or so. And I've heard it said a little goes a long way. Wait, do you have USD forks? I have no idea how they work...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What do you mean by bottleneck? You should be able to find enough clearance to raise the fork tubes a half inch or so. And I've heard it said a little goes a long way. Wait, do you have USD forks? I have no idea how they work...
I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I have the USD forks.
I would say if I have a 1/2 " to move them I m lucky. It just doesnt look like that much room. I ll get a picture and post it.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts