Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys a have a k7 1000 gsxr and I’m wondering if I could lower the rev limit ( with clutch ) from 8000 to 6000 or around that, anyone has done it before what’s the side effects

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
Wut

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys a have a k7 1000 gsxr and I’m wondering if I could lower the rev limit ( with clutch ) from 8000 to 6000 or around that, anyone has done it before what’s the side effects
There are several that can do this. It was available as early as 03. I am going to send my flash back to get it added as I did not think about it.

For the others, it is poor mans launch control. When the clutch is in the flash can add a lower rev limit (say 6000 RPM) to help you upon start. Feather out the clutch and go!!

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
I'd rather have a 2-step.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
ECU flash will do it. That's easiest in MOST cases.

Would you happen to have a power commander already hooked up? If you do, you can buy a Dynojet ignition module and install it. There is a port on it that you can run the clutch switch to and will allow you to adjust the rev limit with your PC, basically having a "clutch in" map and a "clutch out" map. That's not all it does, but it'll do what you are looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts