Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I went to the track yesterday and had a lot of fun, but I would like to lower my bike so I can put more power down, and wheelie less. I read in this months "cycle world" about lowering straps and lowering links and going +1 in the rear, which is what I would like to do to my 04 1k. I have seen adjustable lowering links for the rear, can I use these to keep the bike at stock height when I am riding around the street and just change it for when I hit the strip? I want soemthing that will allow me to do both. I know the strap is easy to put on an off, but I was wondering about my options for the rear. All help is appreciated.

·
Registered
849 Posts
But if you want an easy way to do it get the fully adjustable ones they run about 120.00-150.00 or so but they are much easier to use.the first ones are the more expensive ones but well worth it and the second ones are a little harder to raise and lower your bike but still do the job.You can get either one of these at www.schnitzracing.com as well as the strap and adapter for the radial mount brakes that the 03 and up gixxers have.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Alright, so I went to the track yesterday and had a lot of fun, but I would like to lower my bike so I can put more power down, and wheelie less. I read in this months "cycle world" about lowering straps and lowering links and going +1 in the rear, which is what I would like to do to my 04 1k. I have seen adjustable lowering links for the rear, can I use these to keep the bike at stock height when I am riding around the street and just change it for when I hit the strip? I want soemthing that will allow me to do both. I know the strap is easy to put on an off, but I was wondering about my options for the rear. All help is appreciated.
And how many wheelies did you do might I ask?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA, well you would know since you were there Mr Havens which was not as much as you, but its ok my bikes faster AND newer.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Faster is a relative term.

You ride the 1000 to a screaming 1/4 mile time of 11.1x vs. my time of 11.444 on my 600. So yes faster, but only because of the bike not the rider!

Blink180Wilhelm riding skills:

OW3NED!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well sadly this is true, BUT you grew up around drag racing and I have been on street bikes barely a year so you can kiss my A**. HAHA for all of you that don't know were good friends so were both better than all ya'll.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Well sadly this is true, BUT you grew up around drag racing and I have been on street bikes barely a year so you can kiss my A**. HAHA for all of you that don't know were good friends so were both better than all ya'll.
Yeah yeah, we're buddies. Just like to give the kid a hard time every now and then.
all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts