·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to sure about theses but other ones I've seen are stock,1",and 2"

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If you lower it 2 inches and stretched it 4 inches then would you have a problem with the tire contacting the tail piece? Also when you lower the rear 2 inches what did you lower the front and did you just drop the fork tubes through the triple tree? At what point will the fork tubes contact the fairing stay?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
I'm gathering your asking me :),
However I only dropped mine 1 inch to maintain stock height, I Have aftermarket rear shock, that raised rear around an inch, and kickstand has hard time reaching ground.
As for the triple clamp issue, if you could actually lower it that much, I would think the fender would bottom out on the front fairing long before fairing stay.
And dont have info about the rear scraping.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Skyhighsami said:
If you lower it 2 inches and stretched it 4 inches then would you have a problem with the tire contacting the tail piece? Also when you lower the rear 2 inches what did you lower the front and did you just drop the fork tubes through the triple tree? At what point will the fork tubes contact the fairing stay?
To answer your questions, yes to all of the above. I have 4" on my swingarm and tried to lower 2" and every small bump in the road caused the rear tire to scrape.You can pull your tubes thru the triples but you need to adjust the rebound to your wieght and style. Hope this helps.:cheers

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I wished the guy that owns the bike would just let me get it painted and put a little chrome on it. But the first thing he said was he wanted to strecth it and lower it. I think it is a waste of a beautiful bike. I have an 06 Gix 1k and his 96 1100 is as clean as my bike. The guy that had it before him had only taken the stock decals off, put on chrome wheels and put a full system on it. It is the stock grey, black , and silver. But after we are done it will be lowered 2 inches stretched 4 inches, painted candy blue that will fade from the top down to a candy blue over black at the bottom with the frame, swingarm, and sub frame all paited to match. I ill post pictures when we get done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.