Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I just did a search since my wife said she wants to lower her 600. We got her GS500 lowered and the labor was a fixed price for 1.5 hours of work. So if you know what the labor rate is in your area, this should help figure out the cost. Parts should be different from bike to bike and year to year but I think we got it for 60ish with shipping. I want to add another task if you're going to lower your bike... the kickstand needs to be cut down or replaced so that it doesn't stand straight up and fall over with a slight gust of wind. Had a friend cut the original one and weld a new plate for the bottom. Enjoy your ride.
check dates before you bump a thread. its been a few months, she probably already has it all done by now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been searching & searching and can't find the answer...

My GF's got her bike lowered by 2" at the stealership, but they didn't touch the kick stand. Gotta pull it off this weekend and cut it down, but how much?

I'm thinking 1" should do it. What have others done?

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
I've been searching & searching and can't find the answer...

My GF's got her bike lowered by 2" at the stealership, but they didn't touch the kick stand. Gotta pull it off this weekend and cut it down, but how much?

I'm thinking 1" should do it. What have others done?
I don't know who makes it but they sell an adjustable kickstand for lowered bikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know who makes it but they sell an adjustable kickstand for lowered bikes.
Ya, I saw those on flea-bay, but they're well over a hundred bucks. I figured that money was better spent on a rear stand and for the price of a twelve pack I could get a welder to cut it down.

If anybody else is using an adjustable stand, how much lower are you going on the stand to make the bike sit right?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I'm new at sport bikes I am 5'5" how low would you have to go for almost flat feet
I'm 5'2" & almost flat-footed stock (with a bit shaved off the seat), so I'd say zero. Unless you're really short in the in-seam, shaving the seat (add a layer of really good foam to make it comfy) and boots with some higher soles (or inserts) should be enough.

good luck!

·
GDC's Martha Stewart
7,545 Posts
I just helped a buddy "unlower" his R6 this weekend and it's actually really easy to swap out the dogbone. The hardest part is actually jacking up the bike because you need the rear wheel to be hovering above the ground and at the same time keep the bike from falling over.

But once you have it lifted up it's just 2 bolts. Unless you have help or decent mechanical experience I wouldn't do it yourself though. It's easy but at the same time if you don't know what you're doing a lot of things could go wrong.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my bike is a 2009 600 gixxer I try to lower it but the front forks didn't let me cuz when the bike went down I couldn't tide the bolts from the handles because the forks r thiner excuse my English is not that good but if any suggestions it will help ...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
26 Participants
wylito_gsxr
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing