Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
Did a search but nothiong came up on this topic. ignore if already answered but i couldnt find it.here it goes, a friend of mine is looking into getting the new '06 600. the thing is shes a girl and when she sat on the new 2006 model, she needs it to be lowereed about 1" - 1 1/2" . but my question is can you lower these new ones ?:confused: from what i have looked at the exhaust and the swingarm it doesnt look like there is much room for doing that. all she needs is an 1 1/2 " max and just wondering if you can or not. at the dealer they really couldnt give me a firm answer either. If not yet, anyone know if maybe some company will make a way to lower them a little. Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
not sure if they are lowerable yet....but I can say that the 06 models are much lower than most of the other bikes in the same engine size.

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,544 Posts
have you tried shaving the seat a bit? you can easily get an inch off of the seat, and not upset the suspension at all

but like he said, they have a pretty low seat height

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, they are pretty low and thats why this one fits her great. but she said she would feel a little more sturdy coming to a stop if she had good footing. shaving the seat a little has crossed my mind so that the bike would stay the same just have to see how much is too much so the comfort of it is still rather ok. thanks for the responses though.

·
Banned
6,053 Posts
you can shave it down to about 1/4 inches thick and add a jcwhitney gel seat pad which is about 1/4 thick itself. that will allow plenty of comfort and take off about an inch of padding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts