Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions on lowering the seat high for my gf's bike. Should i try to have the seat reshaped w/ less pading, or do they make a reasonably priced lowering kit?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Check out the seat padding idea first. It's not that hard to get in there and shave off material. But if she insists on lowering it, that's not a too expensive process.
Stef

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Yep, shave that bad boy down. My buddy who rides a TLR can't put both feet down...not even his toes. So, he shaved half of the cushion off and all is well now.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, then take the seat to a professional upholstery place and have it custom padded and restitched.

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sixxergixxer:
Thx for the unanimous decision! I think I will let the pros handle this, cause it could end up ugly!<hr></blockquote>

i don't think any of these people would be "pros" at shaving a seat down.. i bet you probably wouldn't even find a place that has done it before. i'd try it myself. if you really do fuck it up.. you could always get a replacement..
what type of bike is it? and how tall (or short) is your girlfriend?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
she's 5'6 and its a 2001 Kawi ZX6R. An inch will prob be enough. Where can I find replacement seats cheap if I fuck it up?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I shaved mine last week ( just the sides ) still look like stock seat. Let me know if you're interested you can call me or i'll post the procedure. Very simple, it'll save you some money.

·
.............OG
37,640 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sixxergixxer:
she's 5'6 and its a 2001 Kawi ZX6R. An inch will prob be enough. Where can I find replacement seats cheap if I fuck it up?<hr></blockquote>

got any pictures of your girlfriend???

if you fuck it up.. i'd try http://www.ebay.com or a salvage yard.. or try http://www.argocycles.com

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hunter:

got any pictures of your girlfriend???

<hr></blockquote>

Haha, he ignored that question.

·
Mightiest Sorcerer of the Lands a.k.a. Rhinocerous
22,048 Posts
I would recommend buying a replacement seat first. That way you don't get too pissed if you screw up the first one. I just bought a spare for my 01 6 that I shaved for my wife to use. It was easy, just take your time and try to keep it smooth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hein, I would like to know how you did it, how can I get in touch w/ you ???<hr></blockquote>

sorry about the delay bro. Send me an email with your # and i'll give you a call. my email is [email protected]

[ 10-22-2001: Message edited by: Hien ]</p>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts