Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordering some lowering links and a 7-9" swingarm for my 04 750. How is this going to change the handling characteristics of the bike in turns? Im sure its gonna take some getting used to.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad, its not a complete swingarm I got, just an extension. Ill be honest, half the reason I got the extensions is because of how the bike will look when it is installed. My question was mostly directed towards turning on the road, not just in a parking lot. I could be wrong but Im guessing that I wont be able to lean so far into the turns. Ill just have to drive it and test the limits to find out how the bike is going to react.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i wouldn't recommend trying to drag your knee with that back wheel 7-9'' out or you'll find yourself in the weeds. having it lower will cause turning problems. trust me i have a 2004 gsxr 1000 lowered 2in in the front and 3 in in the rear. turns like shit but will not wheelie on the strip.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I hate to say this, but for the people who say lowering your bike affects the bikes turning that dramitcally are just stupid.. Yeah, its not wise for the track, but for street riding, who cares. My 04 Gix is lowered 3/4 and I can still knee drag, and whip everyone I ride with through the curves.... Now extensions is a different story. Yea you wont be knee draggin but you can still turn pretty good, at least I can on my 96 SRAD 750 Turbo bike.....

I do performace bike work for a living.... You will not notice a HUGE difference from lowering, just some, and you will notice more with an extended arm, but serious, the bike will still go and turn, it wont be locked straight....

Just do it and find out for yourself, rather than everyone giving your there opinions, in which everyone has a different one.

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.