Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 gsxr 760
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow gixxeer riders I have a question an a issue I’m waiting to replace this part I’m unsure the correct name but can anybody provide some insight on the name of this as well as how to remove it mines are badly stripped an im looking to just replace this part for budget fix instead of buying set of forks

·
Registered
63 Posts
that piece is not sold separately. you will have to buy the inner fork tube complete. it will have the caliper bracket on it already.

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,073 Posts
If it's just the caliper mount threads that are damaged, take it to a machine shop and get it repaired with thread inserts.

·
Registered
2013 gsxr 760
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that piece is not sold separately. you will have to buy the inner fork tube complete. it will have the caliper bracket on it already.
Iv seen on eBay only once tho they where selling that lower part but I did read nobody seems to know how to take them off with. It damaging the forks as that lower end is threaded that’s why I figure it would be easier but if not guess new tap is goin to have to happen

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,073 Posts
I think you should just take the damaged fork to a machine shop.
Although you could drill it out by hand, tap it and wind in a heli-coil...there are far better products and methods out there, that a machine shop can provide. They can drill the hole straight and use a Keen-sert or Time-sert to repair the threads.

·
Registered
2013 gsxr 760
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you should just take the damaged fork to a machine shop.
Although you could drill it out by hand, tap it and wind in a heli-coil...there are far better products and methods out there, that a machine shop can provide. They can drill the hole straight and use a Keen-sert or Time-sert to repair the threads.
Wonderful thnk you for the helpful reply’s see up till a few mo the ago I didn’t know they where crossed threaded ,I had new tires installed an that’s when the shop told me what was wrong I can’t member what they did to fix it but I figure might as well look into just getting a used set So again Thnks for the helpful tips greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts