Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LOVES old ass '85-'92 GSXR's,HATES new GSXR's
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeeeey guys, it's me again :D

Two weeks ago I posted a videoclip of a guy who was knee dragging with low speeds, and I asked HOW THE HELL IS THAT POSSIBLE.
Later, we went with my friend to ride over a parking lot and train a little bit.
My question is - does it really improve your skills when you're training with 10-20km/h? Like body positioning and stuff? Or it's just useless in normal riding?
I would like to know because we are planning to do that every week, and if it's pointless then we won't waste our time.
Also - is it hard to lose a grip with such low speeds? Does the tire stick to the floor?

Sorry for noob questions, I am a noob as you know! :D

·
IM THE BRONZE
1,336 Posts
The slower you go the sharper you have to be turning, its simple physics.

Faster you go less turn angle needed.
IMO it's useless at low speeds, but that's just me.

·
Administrator
13,303 Posts
Learning to manoeuvre a bike at low speed is always a good thing to practice ... trying too drag knee at low speed not so much

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,391 Posts
Ask the guy who crashes in the pits or parking lot how important it is. It stuns me the number of people who have to clutch walk their bike when making a right turn from a stop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been riding for a while. Not by any means a pro rider, but last year I was doing the road test for my license on a lightweight CB300F. Doing figure eights......I dropped the bike. I could'nt believe it.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I think anything that is hard to do without practice on a bike will help your riding at some level. I did trials competitions when I was 10-13, I know it helped my riding.

·
Administrator
13,303 Posts
Biggest mistake I see noobs make is using the front brake far to much whilst at low speed ... try using the rear brake it's alot less jerky and will make for more smooth slow riding

1 - 8 of 8 Posts