Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
yeah, i have the exact same problem. happened to me last season, still not sure why it stopped working. but i figured it out when i ran out of gas, so now I have to watch the trip meter and make sure that I don't go to far without filling up again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought it was just me. the first time i ran out of gas luckily i was by a exit even though i had to push my bike like 2 miles for gas and the second time i was just riding my neighborhood maybe there's sum kind of tsb or something. i wonder if suzuki knows about this? at first i thought it was TRE related but now i don't think so.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Take it into the shop if it's under warranty. I really feel sorry for you guys who are in the states that have dealers who would rather shit on you and laugh then work on the issue and try to help you out. Out here my dealer tries to do everything in his power to make me happy.

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn, you are lucky. cause over here dealerships will find every excuse, from the addition of frame sliders to pretty much anything aftermarket to discontinue the warranty. i guess we are just SOL.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Why would they do that, they get paid by Suzuki and not by you - that's the only difference. I had the same problem with the fuel light and after running out of gas about 3 times I got it fixed and the warranty covered it.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
If you guys set you trip's you would not run out of gas. I always set the trip because of situations that you are having right now.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If you guys set you trip's you would not run out of gas. I always set the trip because of situations that you are having right now.
+1. I always go by the trip meter and can usually predict within 5 miles of when the light will come on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts