Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding around last week and noticed that my bike would studder when I was in low Revs....1st through 3rd mostly. It has no effect when I am twisting the throttle somewhat hard or even consistently but when I am at slow speeds it chatters when I apply just a small amount of throttle. What is the Problem? The play in my throttle is kinda big and think this may help it out some..How do I tighten it up? It gets kinda scary when going into turns at slow speeds. My bike is jetted, Bolt-on Yosh pipe, 520 conversion, and that is it. Any suggestions of what might solve the prob?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Your throttle is suppose to have a little bit of free-play in it,but to adjust the throttle cable you will need a 10mm wrench make two if you like and on the left hand side is thwo cables you can pop up tank and pull throttle to see what i am talking about. Now for adjusting it you have to loosen bolt then spin in the desired way to achieve tightness. I have forgot which way but as you mess with it you will see. hope that works here is a picture that may help
03/00

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
The cable adjustment that audi1031 talks about is the MAJOR adjust... Look under the kill switch and there should be two cables, one of them (the one that goes into the case on the front half) is the one you need to adjust... You should be able to find the adjuster on there and loosen the lock nut on it, and then adjust it and lock it down again...

With the bike running make sure that you can turn the bars from lock to lock without the idle speed changing...

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts