Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Normally on the oiler section but picked up a 92 model on the weekend. Got it cheap. Got it going and starting well. Blowing clouds of White smoke which I am pretty sure is vapour from sitting in the open for 6 months. Pipe baffle material is damp I think. It is getting better after lots of start ups and idling.
Finally moved onto compression today and :frown2: 1, 3 and 4 are holding 130-135 PSI but no2 is down to 110. Put a teaspoon of oil in and she goes straight up to 130.
Indicating Rings. It has done 90KM's so pretty high.
My question is whether she is worth a rebuild or should I just part the old Girl out. In Australia the water cooled models are not pulling great money.
I have my 89 and 90 model done so I don't need a rider but was after a small project and a quick turnaround.
Thoughts would be appreciated!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Well I guess that depends on how much you paid for it and if you need to get out from under it. Is it a 600 or 750? If its been sitting a long time it might just need some running an lubrication to allow the rings to re-seat. Could just be some out of spec valves too. All depends on how much time your willing to invest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts