Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,143 Posts
Download the service manual. There are wiring diagrams at the back. The E33 drawing is flawed by a missing section (scanning error) but if you compare it with the E19 drawing, you should be able to figure things out. There are only three relays, the interlock/turn signal relay, the fuel pump relay, and the fan relay. Your wiring has been cobbled and it will take some investigation to figure it out. As a guess, the extra relay was installed as part of changing the low beam to HID. I suggest that you get rid of it and change things back to the original configuration. This will take some effort to do well. You should be able to figure out what fuse is what by noting their wire colors and comparing them with the wiring diagram.

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,143 Posts
It shouldn't be there either. Unfortunately your pics show changes to the main harness instead of the front. I forgot to mention it but the starter solenoid also is a relay. I can't tell what's going on but the lead to the positive battery terminal has been changed and seems too small. Or are there actually two blue leads there? Might the blue leads along the frame rail in your seventh pic above be them?

The low beam fuse has W and W/G leads to it. The high beam fuse has Y and Y/Bl leads to it. The FAN and FUEL fuses should be 10A. The other four should be 15A.

P.S. My #1 guess on what was done relates to conversion to HID, particularly an old HID system. Or did the bike once have one of those accent light systems? It's a big stretch but the relays and rewiring might alternately somehow involve an antitheft system or something that flashes the headlight during the day..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.