Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I spent some time searching thru the 11+ pages of search results for "headlights" and didn't find what I was looking for. Simple question, on 00-03 750's are both bulbs supposed to be on when you have your low beams on? Mine only has one bulb on low beams and both on high beam. Not that it's a really big deal, but I've always been annoyed by having one side off. Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
its normal

·
eh'hole
2,104 Posts
01 600s and 00-01 750s have the "Euro" style headlight, so one light is on, other is for highbeam and comes on when you flip the switch. IIRC on the 600s, the left side is on all the time and on the 750s the right side is on all the time. 01-02 1000s have them on all the time.

·
He Who Touches Himself
6,620 Posts
my '02 750 has both lights on on low beam.

·
Registered
138 Posts
on my 02 600 both are on on low beam

·
Registered
178 Posts
01 750 only has one on

Now i run my high beams on. Mainly because that last time i had the front off I hooked the wrong led up to the wrong headlight. So my low bean is my high beam and my high beam is my low beam. So at night I need to have teh highbeams on to see anything

·
Registered
858 Posts
2000 750 use H7 bulbs.
Left light is ON on low and the right one lights for the high beam.

I thought that 2001 750 had 2 lights on low and high(H4 bulbs) but it seems not...

·
Premium Member
17,179 Posts
Bagherra, I was pretty sure both of mine came on too on my k2 750, but when I pulled up behind a truck the other day with a shiny tailgate on it I noticed that only my right side was on with the dims. I'd almost swear they both used to come on with the dims though. Kinda curious now as to whether or not I've got a bad bulb or I was just wrong all this time.
Anyone know for sure?

·
eh'hole
2,104 Posts
Duff8402 said:
Bagherra, I was pretty sure both of mine came on too on my k2 750, but when I pulled up behind a truck the other day with a shiny tailgate on it I noticed that only my right side was on with the dims. I'd almost swear they both used to come on with the dims though. Kinda curious now as to whether or not I've got a bad bulb or I was just wrong all this time.
Anyone know for sure?
Refer to:
Booenson said:
01 600s and 00-01 750s have the "Euro" style headlight, so one light is on, other is for highbeam and comes on when you flip the switch. IIRC on the 600s, the left side is on all the time and on the 750s the right side is on all the time. 01-02 1000s have them on all the time.
Your bulb is burnt out. If you want to know for sure, check your manual. Look under "Lamps" in the "Electrical System" section. For the headlight, it should say something like "12 V 45/55 W H4" or something like that. Because my bike has the "Euro" style headlights, it says "12 V 55 W H7".

On a little side note, H4 bulbs are dual filament, one is on all the time for low beam and the other is for high beam. H7 are single filament, they have one filament thats on all the time and thats it. So on the 01 600s and 00/01 750s, one side is on all the time and Im pretty sure that the other lens is shaped differently to throw light further.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Booenson said:
So on the 01 600s and 00/01 750s, one side is on all the time and Im pretty sure that the other lens is shaped differently to throw light further.
That is correct. If you look closely at the reflector, you'll notice that the high beam side has a different pattern than the low beam side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was riding home tonight,and when I hit my high beam,it was totally dark.I was hoping it was a bulb,but I don't think so.I looked when I got home,and I have both on for low beam.I checked my manual, and it shows one for low, and both for high.has my bike been modified?What is eurostyle?

·
Registered
2 Posts
just had the same problem it is the bulb the other guy is right ...its easy to change and the bulbs are cheap...not worth pissing people off more than we already do by shining high beams in their eyes all night.

·
eh'hole
2,104 Posts
Like what has been said several times throughout this thread, 00-01 750s and 01 600s only have one light on all the time, thats the low beam. The other bulb comes on only when the highbeams are switched on. The 00-01 750s and 01 600s will have 2 H7 bulbs, if you look at the bulbs from behind, there will only be 2 prongs. Everything else from that generation has 2 H4 bulbs, which will have 3 prongs.

Im not too sure about how H4s work, if both filaments are on or just the brighter filament. If it happens that you switch to high beams and get nothing, then it could be that the brighter filament is fucked and thats why its not working, but the other (low beam) filament is fine.

And Euro style means only one side of the headlights are on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Refer to:

Your bulb is burnt out. If you want to know for sure, check your manual. Look under "Lamps" in the "Electrical System" section. For the headlight, it should say something like "12 V 45/55 W H4" or something like that. Because my bike has the "Euro" style headlights, it says "12 V 55 W H7".

On a little side note, H4 bulbs are dual filament, one is on all the time for low beam and the other is for high beam. H7 are single filament, they have one filament thats on all the time and thats it. So on the 01 600s and 00/01 750s, one side is on all the time and Im pretty sure that the other lens is shaped differently to throw light further.
Necro thread, but thank you... 13 years later :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.