Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02zuk1k. I am presently -1front with 169rwhp. But I presently weigh in at 230lbs. I am being pulled on by 2 guys weighing 141 and 120lbs. They both have zuk1k's with 150-155rwhp with stock gearing. When we hit in second I jump out about a bike length but when we switch to third they pull on me and keep pulling every gear thereafter. Someone told me that even though it does not sound right but if I go -1 front and +2 rear I should not lose top end and still have that pull at low and mid range. Is this true? If not do you have anymore suggestions on what I can do to even out the acceleration of the bikes with the gearing? I am not adding Nos to my bike either. I am trying to accomplish having at least the same pull or acceleration as the 2light guys and let our skill of riding be the deciding factor. We run a 21 mile course that we stay on top end with a few nice long curves that one can take at top end as well.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I have an '02zuk1k. I am presently -1front with 169rwhp. But I presently weigh in at 230lbs. I am being pulled on by 2 guys weighing 141 and 120lbs. They both have zuk1k's with 150-155rwhp with stock gearing. When we hit in second I jump out about a bike length but when we switch to third they pull on me and keep pulling every gear thereafter. Someone told me that even though it does not sound right but if I go -1 front and +2 rear I should not lose top end and still have that pull at low and mid range. Is this true? If not do you have anymore suggestions on what I can do to even out the acceleration of the bikes with the gearing? I am not adding Nos to my bike either. I am trying to accomplish having at least the same pull or acceleration as the 2light guys and let our skill of riding be the deciding factor. We run a 21 mile course that we stay on top end with a few nice long curves that one can take at top end as well.
if I go -1 front and +2 rear , you will gain on low and mid but you definitely losing top end. even your bike has 15 hp for then them but they weight about 1/2 your weight. have you tried go back to stock gearing and see what happen? try to get more hp by adding 4 short stacks so it will help on top end a little? higher gear like -1 +2 is good if you drag racing because you only go a 1/4 mile

·
Registered
951 Posts
About the most aggressive you can go is plus two in the rear and not drop any top end max speed. Regardless of gearing and if you have a TRE, if your motor and ECU are stock your bikes will truely only pull to just over 185mph anyhow.

But to be honest your issue is the wieght. Do the math via a ratio of hp/weight. If you had a 100 hp bike and were 100lbs it would be 1:1.

Sort of that line of thinking that approx every 7 lbs or so is worth a hp.

You need to allow your motor to spin up faster. Aluminum clutch plates might help, lighter chain and wheels, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts